Mental Health Forums

Piccie Thread

mort

Strat,

I am not in this forum to be "considered" (I think I know now what you mean). And I don´t think any of you understood what I meant when I said "too old".

Elke

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DanDown123

• strat

• Stephanana

• kissprudence

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Elke

if you have a particular meaning that we're not getting please explain so we can - we all have issues with assumptions and the best way to clear them up is to be complete in our explanations :)

my comment was just at the 'grandma' part - this is in light topics and is a pretty light-hearted thread, so i was just being that way :)

Strat,

I am not in this forum to be "considered" (I think I know now what you mean). And I don´t think any of you understood what I meant when I said "too old".

Elke

Hi Elke,

No, I think you misunderstood what I said, I merely meant that there is no age limit here. I am 49 and felt old when I first joined. I don't intend any offence or harm to anyone.

best,

strat

Ooooh! Quick! Baby pictures will save the day!

My foster-brother Rafiq and his girlfriend had a baby over Christmas! I am an aunty! Hoorah!

She is so beautiful and I am all gooey with pride!

Rafiq is turning out to be a wonderful father, which we all thought he would as he's always adored animals and is a very gentle, sensitive soul.

I am chuffed up like a big chuffy-uppy thing!

Isn't Baby Fiqi gorgeous?

KP

xx

Strat,

Elke

Hi Elke,

No, I think you misunderstood what I said, I merely meant that there is no age limit here. I am 49 and felt old when I first joined. I don't intend any offence or harm to anyone.

best,

strat

Strat,

Then I really did misunderstand you.....

And Aylaah, what I meant by being too old was, that when I flipped through the pictures here, I saw a lot of young faces, happy faces, and people seeming to have a good time ( I never have a good time). But I should know better, after reading the problems people have here. (And this being a light thread, I think I should have adressed this somewhere else. Maybe it should be .....taken out or redirected. Sorry.

Elke

that's ok elke, i think the whole thing just got worked through really well, actually!!

thanks for explaining, too, it helps a lot. I think we all have different coping mechanisms, and sometimes masks are just easier to wear than anything else.

that's ok elke, i think the whole thing just got worked through really well, actually!!

thanks for explaining, too, it helps a lot. I think we all have different coping mechanisms, and sometimes masks are just easier to wear than anything else.

I agree with you Aylaah, especially about the masks!

Check out these pics! I didn't know whether to post any BPD ones or not! These pictures were literally taken with only seconds between them. In one I look like a lost child, and in the other I rather resemble a happy squirrel! Weird!

I have loads of pictures like this, where I can look like ten completely different people in as many minutes. Does anyone else find this when they look at photographs of themselves? I'd be interested to know.

KP

xx

I don´t have pictures like this, only reactions like: "WHAT KIND OF MOODS SWINGS

ARE THESE???!!!!)

Wish I had pics, so I could see myself!

Elke

P.S. Good you showed them and what BPD can look like.

http://www.mentalhealth-world.org.uk/forums/uploads/post-3854-1168250769.jpgMe in Mexico....if you are easily scared look away now!! Also one of my horses

Sorry not sure how to resize pics....told you it'd be scary!

Hey Celtic Girl!

So great to see a piccie of you! You look lovely!

And oh my god! I am in love with your horses! They are exactly my type!

Had a pair of beautiful chestnut Welsh Cobs for twenty years, although sadly both gone to horsey heaven a few years ago, so don't have any pics of them on computer. Might try to scan some actually.

Your horses are stunning! Oooh! And the mane on your piebald is beautiful! Proper gypsy horse! Just gorgeous!

Right, am going because otherwise I'm heading for horsey hysteria again!

Thanks for the pics!

Love them!

KP

xx

My piebald mare is called Chymnee...she is a true gypsy(from Ireland),and a real escape artist!(aka Houdini...) My black beauty is a Dales X(possibly with a shire...) called Norah Battie....the other horses belong to my friend Karin and are slightly more delicate...but i'm all for cobs!! XX

• 2 months later...

Okay, I know I already posted a pic of me months ago, but here is one with my new hairstyle.

mewithskullscarf3-1.jpg

And did I ever post a picture of my wonderful little dog Lizzy?

Lizzy01.jpg

Wow. There's a lot of great looking people here. I don't think anyone has a reason to be self-consious. :P I don't have a picture of any pets, so you'll have to deal with just me :D Well, almost. All I have right now is this one of me hanging out in Dubai a couple days ago.

I loved looking through everyone's photos!! I especially loved the sneakingin of the pet pics. :)

Anyways, this is me and my boyfriend. I look a little crazy haha.

Ok this is scary!!! It was taken a couple of years ago now and I guess it's my usual look lol. I havent got any new ones of me. I guess it's time to get some eh?

Skinnydog x Lucy

Archived