Mental Health Forums

Citalopram

JustOneMore

Im on 60mg a day,and I got told to take it in the morning as it can stop you sleping at night( got told of my psych about this).I also felt really sick to start of with but wore off.It makes my heart race after I have taken it.It is the best I have tried so far.I tried to come off it by my self but was really dizzy and went back on it.(something your not suppposed to do)

• 2 weeks later...

I was on citalopram for about a year and came off it because I was still having suicidal thoughts. Have since been diagnosed with bpd, so ad's on their own won't work. I was on 60 mg and had no side effects from it. The only problem that I had with it was my gp told me to stop taking it straight away and start on the new ones.This is without slowly reducing them (drs orders - I did question it but he said I'd be fine)Within a week I'd od'd.

Who's on or been on this stuff?

I'm starting it tomorrow.

20mg for the 1st week, then 40mg onwards.

Any side effects i should know about?

These meds gave me 'restless legs' it was so bad I had to get up in the middle of the night and walk around!!

julie67

• 3 weeks later...

i was on citlopram then moved onto escitolpram 20 milagrams i have thought i could use it being a bit stronger but never dared ask in case they put me on a different medication i dont want to go on the meds roundabout again the amount of different antidepressents i have been on to find one that works is a big improvement. side efects...... at first i felt pants on it but dont you allways whith new ad and reduced sex drive but then that could be my anti psychotics they both have it listed as a side effect so theres no way of knowing which is causeing it!

I tried it a few years back until it made me appear as I was on speed for five weeks solid. Needless to say my then psych took me off that pretty quick... Though I quite enjoyed the ride :) Heard later it can make you go loopy if you're unlucky. Hope it works for you though. Psych drugs are such a minefield and I always did feel like the psychs own personal guinea pig...

• 2 weeks later...

I found that med name very familiar and checked on drugs.com to find it is the generic name for Celexa. I was on that medication for a while. I don't remember any side-effects, but was taken off of it later when no change in mental state was found.

Archived