Mental Health Forums

A Personal Question To The Females On The Board!

iar

To answer a question asked here somewhere. When I was put on anti d´s I wasnt told it could influence my periods but it did. I noticed on the leaflet its noted as a side effect and when I told my doc he wasnt surprised to hear Im skipping periods all the time and he confirmed its the anti d I take.............

Some meds like Zoloft tend to make you more regular. So it depends on the med, if you want to know about a particular med google it.

Ive had anorexia and that really influenced it too in the past.

Lilly

What is PCOS?

Can not menstruating really cause osteoporosis and diabetes?

Two years ago my body fat was really low which is why I stopped menstruating for about a year, but I've gained weight since then and still don't menstruate often. Could my hormones still be messed up? I went for blood tests about six months ago, but I had just started menstruating again for a couple of months.

I thought it could be healthy not to menstruate. I once read about going on six week cycles to menstruate less. Doesn't it reduce the risk of some kind of cancer? Like women who have given birth have a reduced chance of some kind of cancer because they stopped menstruation for a period.

arwen

Archived