Mental Health Forums

Accessing Medical Records

yorkiegal73

Well I finally received the invoice today. £65.80 !!!! That's £50 for the medical records to be photocopied. £6 special delivery and the rest is V.A.T. The department that sends invoices is in a different town. The problem is that they won't take payment by debit card over the phone. They only accept cheque payment or bank transfer. I don't have a cheque book on my account. I went to the bank and they said they can't transfer money without a giro slip which i wasn't sent. If I want them to issue a cheque for me it will cost £20 (robbing bastards at lloyds tsb). In the end she put in a request for a chequebook to be issued on my account which will take 10 days, which also puts me past the date the nhs want their money by. To add insult to injury, when i rang the nhs they put me through to their debt department. It's not a bloody debt. It's an invoice for goods not yet received. These records had better read like a tarantino script when i get them for how much it's costing me.

Dont know if this is any help at this stage, but when I got mine I got them all for free, including postage (3 v large bundles) because I had had medical treatment and records added withing the past 3 months. This was 2 years ago though, perhaps it has changed.

Will they accept a Postal Order, crossed? People who will accept cheques will often accept P.O.s too, it also gets paid straight into a bank account if its crossed. It still costs but will be cheaper than your bank is charging

Rebeccaborderline

nope they said no to a postal order too. Mind you, the girl on the phone sounded a bit YTS so i might call back in the morning.

Can't wait to read them though!

Hmmmm this is all very intreaging.

I'm sending off for my medical records too. I've been stuck going round in circles in the nhs trying to get treatment. After seeing snippets and summarys of my medical records I'm not too impressed. The psyc i saw most rescently (under the nhs) implies i'm faking my condition because he hasn't seen "evidence" of it... he hasn't seen "evidence" of it because he doesn't know anything about my condtion and therefore doesn't know what "evidence" to look for.

I'm taking on my local trust so i need to know what i'm up against.

Archived