• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joshua

• Kelliemanic

• sunshine_bear

• Carole

You've been brushing your teeth all your life.. then suddenly one day a leprechaun pops out of the toilet wearing a green leotard with a trilby hat, pipe, and an evil grin and says

'IF YE BE UNWILLIN TO BRUSH YER TEETH, I BE TAKING YE FIRST BORN CHILD'

Even though you've been brushing your teeth for ages..

Aww I love leprechauns! :D lol.

Joshua..

If I hold a sponsored silence.. (just me.. and believe me there are people who would be more than willing to pay to get me to shut up) at my next music event.

Will that do?

<_< (I still think you're a git, and I still want my blog removing though)

Starting from...?

:lol:

I want coloured button like everyone else though... and I'll donate a fiver from my 'i can't afford to go to a festival this summer' account..

:)

Just a final thought from me. Prefacing it with the fact that I have no intention in getting pulled into this flame war. I will continue to read though. There have been many opinions expressed, and even though quite a few of them could be taken as inflammatory, they are valid opinions.

Starting off with the facts. A good understanding of the facts is needed this far into the conversation. As a "community" it's something we all need to know.

1.) The costs of the site have (for how long?) exceeded the income.

To remedy this the only things possible to remedy it is to either take in more income or reduce costs

2.) Many people have been caught off guard by the sudden changes.

For whatever reason, it is made obvious in the course of this thread that many people didn't see this coming. Really it's no ones fault, and it's everyone's fault. If this were a business it would be called a "breakdown of communication"

Now off on my own tangent which no one will bother reading.

I'm not any help with money.(Edit: I mean making money) Never been good at money, but what I am trying to help with is tossing around a few ideas to help the costs. Now I have to rely on specific people to help me with these facts because I am not anywhere near informed on many things about this site. I know that Joshua quoted what to me seems like a ridiculous price for a live chat server, but I do not know if that includes development tech support or any other bundled services. I'm focused on that because that was the one cost that made my eyes bug out. It's this kind of thing that got the US economy in trouble actually. Spending money where there is none isn't a good thing at all. Josh may find this as offensive, but every now and again budgets need revising. And if you are reading this sentence congratulations. you may proceed ignoring it now.

Response to below

V-That. I put time into trying to putting my ideas into thoughts and words past well flaming, to only be glossed over. Maybe i should flame :V

I meant "win", as in happy. I certainly did not mean to infer that this situation creates winners and losers. If this cannot be resolved with certain members, and they choose to leave, no one wins in my opinion.

Fairy xxx

I will just add it was in response to Kellie and Joshs agreement.

every now and again budgets need revising. And if you are reading this sentence congratulations.

Good point and thank you.

kib0ne maybe you could tell us why rather than keep dropping out little comments that certainly dont enable me to have a clear idea of what troubles you.

Carole - was i mistaken in seeing that you were leaving~?

Also your 1 pound donation you could think of it as a fee for advertising you new site thats just popped up :)

Carole - was i mistaken in seeing that you were leaving~?

Also your 1 pound donation you could think of it as a fee for advertising you new site thats just popped up :)

First off, it's not mine.

Secondly, I'm not advertising it.

Thirdly, if you will class it as advertising then are all the facebook/myspace links advertising too?

Fourthly, what difference does it make to you whether or not I'm leaving? Does my opinion matter less because of it?!

Lastly, I wasn't responding to you, I was responding to fairy - who said that if anyone is unhappy/leaves then no one wins.

6789 10 1 1 1 1 1 1 and blah

noooooo

and yes they all count as advetising to. :)

I shall stomp my feet.

LMAO!!!!!!! :lol:

Archived