• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joshua

• Kelliemanic

• sunshine_bear

• Carole

I'm not sure of my stance on the situation, being that I've taken the time to write out my questions in, what i think, is a well spoken manner. So ill try again.

1.) "Find email links /advertise the site – the more links we have out on the World Wide Web - the higher our profile- means we can offer our services to more people."

Are you condoning unsolicited e-mail?

2.) That price you quoted for the live chat function. Is that just the live chat? other bundled services? any way i can talk you into breaking it down for insignificant me?

3.) What about book deals? does that go against your no adverts rule? What about offering an exchange in promotions between other sites?

4.) What's with all the personal attacks in this thread? Is that now acceptable?

5.) not really a question but a nitpick. "Benefits of contributing = Sense of worth? That's just ... i dunno... just something.

Carole, not much of one really....

1.) "Find email links /advertise the site – the more links we have out on the World Wide Web - the higher our profile- means we can offer our services to more people."

Are you condoning unsolicited e-mail?

No, ive had so many enlarge my cough cough, ive got a complex....

2.) That price you quoted for the live chat function. Is that just the live chat? other bundled services? any way i can talk you into breaking it down for insignificant me?

its just a chat room and the price we pay for a room thats compatible with the forums

3.) What about book deals? does that go against your no adverts rule? What about offering an exchange in promotions between other sites?

We have amazon books thingy which we get commsion of each sale. After a million sales you have enough for a cheese sarnie

4.) What's with all the personal attacks in this thread? Is that now acceptable?

No, one member has been suspended for them.

5.) not really a question but a nitpick. "Benefits of contributing = Sense of worth? That's just ... i dunno... just something.

Yeah thats shit aint it, maybe il have it reworded tomorrow. Not my idea but certainly my responsability.

Ok?

This is a proprostromonstrosity! In all my years a member of BPDWorld I have never seen such a proprostromonstrosity. This is the proprostromonstrosity of all proprostromonstrosities. In my top ten list of propostromonstrosities, this propostromonstrosity has to be number 1! This is the ULTIMATE propostromonstrosity!!! if there were a TV show of internet proprostromonstrosities, this would be the headliner. "And in at # 1 with the greatest proprostromonstrosity of all time ... ". At a propostromonstrosity award show, this propostromonstrosity would win ALL propostromonstrosity awards! It's THAT propostromonstrous! I demand an explanation for this proprostromonstrosity and I want to know what you propose to resolve this proprostromonstrosity!?... Ok Ok, you are a good man and I know you will not have planned this proprostromonstrosity deliberately to have such a proprostromonstrous impact on the peasants in situ as you care for us all equally. So we can work through this proprostromonstrosity together as a community. So what can we do to help sort this mother of all proprostromonstrosities, before it escalates to something unimaginable beyond any known proprostromonstrosity?

lol MARRY ME.

Okay... i've been quiet for easily like.. 30 minutes now...

I want a shiny button.. a standing ovation... and a medal.. as soon as I've finished cooking tea I'll sort out ma paypal account and donate some pennies...

...Pennies mind...

:lol:

I am going to ask this question again

I have made 2 seperate donations to the site since I joined. Do I have to donate again?

And I will still be asking you the question I asked earlier about the book when you will speak to me again.

Not angry anymore, just bored and need to talk now

Carole

I will try and have my people contact your people and their people should anything change again.

Ok im being playful, honestly though i will always take into account the comments made by members of this forum.

p.s the structure of this thread is about to change as im posting this message.....

Ram

I would suggest you submit a ticket in regards to your donations... And someone will respond tomorrow in working hours.

In regards to the other issue, i am concious i laid down a boundary of mine earlier this afternoon expressing my dissatisfaction at the way you were speaking to me and that i would not respond to you until 24 hours have passed. I will therefore respond to your question tommorrow.

I have a feeling that the resolution will involve many members just accepting it grudgingly - others I know have left. There is little chance that this will end with a happy medium...

No, ive had so many enlarge my cough cough, ive got a complex....

I'm dense so i may need a bit of clarification on what that part is meant to mean then..

its just a chat room and the price we pay for a room thats compatible with the forums

I do think it would be worth asking your web guy about running an IRC setup with some sort of java doohicky interface on the site though. The one i had set up on my site (years ago.. Diablo2 fan site FTW!) was great aside from one hitch, you were forced to log in again through the java script when you entered. I was just using phpbb though. with no real development on that matter. Would also have a side benefit of being able to log into the chat server through an IRC client as well, but thats not really a selling point in this situation.

We have amazon books thingy which we get commission of each sale.

Have you looked into exchanging promotion with other sites. e.g. you have a "other links section"(whatever you would call it) with their name in it, and in exchange they throw yours up the same way?

I have a feeling that the resolution will involve many members just accepting it grudgingly - others I know have left. There is little chance that this will end with a happy medium...

That would be nice wouldnt it.

Im going to bed soon, ive spent nearly a straight two days on this to try and lessen the blow.

Anyway - We dont have a web guy as such. We have picked up a few bits over the year and ask for help when we get stuck.

No offence but the blow would have been lessened if we had known for a day or two beforehand...These past two days you've been met with so much resistence and anger because of the lack of notification.

Carole

I have heard or seen you say this many times now. I have also said that maybe i could have given notice and i have also given reason for why i did not.

Other than telling me this again in different languages, maybe signing i dont know how else you can say it again.

Therefore i am acknowledging you have said this and thank you again for letting me know your thoughts.

Carole

I wonder if you may know how mystic meg is, i am assuming you are in the same association or something as you can read my thoughts.

One last question. I noticed earlier in the thread people were complaining about not having permissions to use the crisis forums. I have access to these. Am i just waiting to not have access? forgive me if i have missed it in the mess somewhere.

I'm annoying but i have one more .. again.

I am hoping with the person i have set on this task we should be looking at getting some money in shortly (3 months or so)

What's this in relation to?

Everyone has this access. We changed what people could and couldnt haev access to. Maybe spend some time reading through the whole thread may help you....

Nomad, the self worth wording was down to me. I put it in as I was thinking about what volunteering here has made me feel, and at times this place and the things i do here have been the only thing that have made me feel like i was worth anything, i have learnt so many things through my role here that i wouldnt of done without this place and each time i learn something new it feels like i have acheived so much. I am sorry if the wording offended anyone and it will be changed when i get into the office tomorrow.

Archived