• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joshua

• Kelliemanic

• sunshine_bear

• Carole

Not now..

You know when someone cocks up a little bit, and everyone goes mental at them.. and then most people calm down...

I'm calm now, and adapting to change, and have apologised...

..but yeah.. into the fray, foot in mouth, sounding off without thinking.

I do it well..

At least no-one can accuse me of not caring enough!

:)

After receiving your feedback i have reconsidered some of the changes made to our online services.

Members who just join the site can post up to 25 posts and have full access to EVERYTHING. AFter 25 posts they will need to either subscribe OR volunteer to help us in some way.

Existing members will have access to everything other than gallery, blogs, chat, the attention seekers forum and venting. Crisis forums will now be open as standard. Should existing members want access to everything else they are not able to use they will either have to donate or volunteer to help us out in some way (A list of what can be done is on its way)

Ok, so what do people think about this?

Thank you for the compromise however, why I am locked out of the Relationship and Sex issues forum then?!

You shouldnt have been, this issue should have been fixed....

IL look into it again since you asked so nicely.

Ta

Tues

No one else has this problem, maybe clear your cache and cookies and check again. I have even gone into your group myself and can see the forum.

:o

I've gone overdrawn you git!

BPDWorld will get more as and when I can afford it..

It was more than the PENNIES you were originally gonna get..

Grumble..moan...whinge..

;)

Hi all

Ive come up with another good idea (My Opinion) We will not have a section on live support called peer support, we will issue ten accounts (To start) for users of this forum to log on and support other users of this forums and the other websites we have.

SO you just login and others in need will just click on peer support section of live support and you speak to them one on one. This will be montiored by us and any one misusing the system will have their account in review.

Soo for those that want to do this reply to this thread, only the first 10 will be given an account to do this and the others will go onto a waiting list.

You may logon when you want, and for how ever you want, it will be clear that you are another sufferer of the same illness and are in no way a professional or staff member of this site.

Your account will be upgraded (To make full use of the resources this website can provide) and you get a fancy colour for your name.

Sounds interesting. I'd love to have a go at that, but already have full access from being a welcomer, so please put me down if you don't have enough people to fill the ten spaces.

Am I reading this right?

It is £1 to join for a month. [is that mean full access to everything but not more pm space or extra presents]

It is £10 to join for a year. [again full access to everything but not more pm space or extra presents?]

And is £30 to join for a year [full access extra pm space and extra presents]

I wish people would look at this from both sides of the equation. Many of you just see this as a forum with a chat room, but don't actually see the other benefits provided for you.

When the NHS stuck two fingers up in my direction, i wrote to Josh and he sought out free counsellors in my area to give me some immediate help. I didn't even realise a service like this was available in the UK, but we must remember that Josh is a professional and knows the 'ins and outs' of things like this.

I've had several crisis', the first one i managed to obtain help from the live support option. I sat and ranted and raved, screamed and cried at the poor volunteer for hours who sat and talked to me, calmed me down and got me through. I could have rung the Samaritans, but they aren't allowed to give you much advice, they have to adhere to many rules because of all the political correctness bollocks that goes on nowadays. The support i received on here was from a volunteer with BPD who could identify with what i was going through.

The second crisis, i submitted a form and had continuous support for 7 days. I woke up to emails everyday giving me small tasks- a bit like homework to complete each day, to keep me going and get me out of the hole i was in. I was allowed phone support and had the option of BPD World writing to my GP on my behalf. I was on my own, and if i had of decided to end it, what with lack of friends and family- nobody would of known. But with this service, i was monitored and if i didn't reply, alarm bells would have rung. By day 7 i was happy as larry with a fresh attitude to life.

The above is just a small example of the other services BPD world provides for FREE. What other forum would provide this?

Even things like having access to writing a blog is such a great release, to be able to write all your thoughts and feelings down truthfully and honestly, knowing that they are completely safe from spammers and idiots who cause havoc on forums, being able to read others blogs and identify with them and receive some inspiring and helpful comments at the end.

Joshua is obviously going to stand firm on his decision, i appreciate you all have views and opinions but at the end of the day- he is the boss. Maybe try to see this in black and white like we so regularly do with other areas of life, if you cant afford it, go to another forum. If you dont want to volunteer with anything (which is a peice of piss really) then leave. Simple as.

If your boss at work made sudden changes- which often happens, because, well thats life isn't it, i cant see any of you being so utterly disrespectful and horrid to him/her like you are being to Josh.

I'm in over £17,000 worth of debt, im fighting off bailiffs everyday, but if i didn't have access to this forum, i would be in a much worse situation, because i was given a huge amount of help with how to solve the problem, pointed in the right direction and told what to do.

I can find £1 a month to give something back.

You never get something for nothing. Its a bitch but thats life.

That's all i've got to say.

Jess x

Oh bugger, i just spent ages deciding whether to post that then see everyone is being nice to each other!

When did everyone take a chill pill. :)

P.S i do have an excuse, i wrote that on Monday then was taken to hospital with suspected meningitis and have only been let out today so i'm a bit whooooo from all the drugs. lol. Dont be mean to me!

Jess that was a good post i have never used the forum like that so its good to hear a different perspective

Lucy

Im blue! i have a blue name!

im chatting shit. i need to go bac k to bed :huh:

i want some of whatever you're on lol

it's good to hear about how those other services work. i didn't realise it was as involved as that. btw sorry for being a bitch in your other thread.

Archived