Mental Health Forums

Changes

seafree

My head is a bit clearer now. I would be happy to pay £1 a month.

I will be using the site for support, but might not post many replies to others as i am not very good at that.

Just let me know what i have to do.........

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joshua

• Kelliemanic

• sunshine_bear

• Carole

Welcomers are already entitled to use all facilities.

Ok well why doesn't everyone just help out a little then you get everything back. If like me you cant afford to give anything then HELP OUT its not exactly hard is it?

Isn't the point of forums like this so that we all help out everyone else?

I don't see why "officially" helping people is different to just being a helpful member. Both are contributing to the site as a whole and working toward the same goal.

come on hes not asking for you to work work work hes asking for a hand to help him out every now and again. I know for me this forum has saved my life to many times and Josh himself has helped me out so so many times and the rest of you I am happy to help out by been a welcomer and anything else I can do. I can't donate so I will do it this way. I hope I am seen as a helpful memnber and give advice and support to the rest of rthe community but doing this as well is not going to kill me! And I am a member that has clashed with Josh many times and been a bitch I just feel like i want to help out cos I owe everyone so much here

sunshinex

Still, the difference between a welcomer for example and a helpful member is not clear to me. A helpful member may already say hello to, give support to and help orientate new members too. Both are contributing to the same site, working towards the same goal and with only one difference - their title. It doesn't make sense as to why one gets services free and others don't.

As someone else has pointed out, those in crisis are going to be posting in other forums because they can't access the crisis forum. This could prove dangerous as far as people getting triggered is concerned.

exactly a welcomer has offered to help to either Josh or Em normal members have not. I am sorry you can't get to your posts in crisis or wherever but if you just offer to help then you will be fine. ALL THERE ASKING FOR IS SOME HELP WITH RUNNING THE SITE AND THE FORUM why is that so hard. I understand some of us are in crisis and stuff but come on all they want is us to give something back after we have took so much.

That's me sorted.

Josh, if I set up a temporary chatroom on my own server, could I link to it on the forums? Livechat is important to a lot of members here, so I want to help by giving them a chat elsewhere, until this is sorted.

Peace, Lance

Ive used live support a couple of time and the same for the phone line, i dont want a support worker. I am sure that others may find them helpful but i havent each time i have tried them so i use alternative support and no im not suggesting they are scrapped. How much does stuff cost ( no i dont think you are pocketing the cash) like the forum for instance with out the addintional cost of the office,

I have sponsored before and didnt benefit from any of the extra stuff nor was i promted to resubscribe, but if it costs xyz to maintain then ok im happy to help if i can see where it goes, ages ago chat went because of cost and i donated to put chat back up because i used it and i could see it was for that

The other thing on the donate its for £5 £10 or £20 a month not £12 for a year

Lucy

Oh and the skydive i asked to be emailed and i was but at the moment it looks as if you are giving money to someone i dont know (no offence skydiver) no offical form anything

Lol... what a nice post to read when people are in the depths of despair.

YOU ARE MISERABLE AND SUFFERING AND EVERYTHING IS GOING WRONG - NOW SPONSOR ME YOU HEARTLESS BASTARDS..

That'll work.

kelli you make me smile

Jess there are better ways of promting people to donate, make it more offical prehaps a link to the place that are doing the skydives

and just because they do the staving kid ads doesnt make them ok im sure oxfam etc make more from different ventures

That's me sorted.

Josh, if I set up a temporary chatroom on my own server, could I link to it on the forums? Livechat is important to a lot of members here, so I want to help by giving them a chat elsewhere, until this is sorted.

Peace, Lance

Thanks for the offer Lance but i think its important for this community to sort this out as a comminity here.

How much does stuff cost ( no i dont think you are pocketing the cash) like the forum for instance with out the addintional cost of the office,

Server is 110 dollars a month

software for the forums i cant remember, also gallery and blogs are charged seperate.

live support 100 dollars a year

live chat 159 dollars or something.

I cant think what else just now but thats a snap shot.

Welcomers are listed on the registration page so that new members can choose for someone to help them out if they want it. It means that they have one partucular person they can turn to if they have any questions.

So about £66 a month for this site thats with the currant exchange rate

I think a quids fair

can i just send a psotal order for the money to the offices?

Morning all -

This has been some interesting reading, so many opinions ...............

well I might as well give mine too...............

I am on the site most days, and I volunteer (means I help out) time here,

and why do I, well cause I get something out of helping others. This is a

recovery site, correct, so if I am further in my recovery then others I can

surly help. Isn't that just human nature? Helping out others. This site has

been set up to help anyone with MH issues, and with help from the COMMUNITY

the site can continue to function. Its been pointed out in so many threads already

its not about the finance, its about helping out, reaching out to others letting them

know about the site, the more awareness we bring to issues that concern all of us

the greater we benefit from it. To turn around and just say no, I am not doing this

or that, is in effect hurting us all.

So many members have add me to "myspace, or facebook" well hey there is

a way of adding a link to the site. We all send out emails, at the bottom of it just

add a link to the site. Josh is not asking us to do things beyond our capabilities,

he is setting up a challenge to all of us. A little help can really go a long way. People

think outside the finanical box, and contribute in ways you can. Its that simple.

March

Now I am going to have a cup of caaawwwfffeeeeeeee!!!!

Now I am going to have a cup of caaawwwfffeeeeeeee!!!!

Well deserved im sure. Its because of volunteers like you i need the extra help.

HAHA, im kidding.

Josh,

You must be flipping exhausted, I am just reading this.

Change is hard, but we are being asked to do/give so little for what we receive back.

Fairy xxx

Josh,

You must be flipping exhausted, I am just reading this.

Change is hard, but we are being asked to do/give so little for what we receive back.

Fairy xxx

I am fairy, Thants why ive treated myself to a holiday in Las Vegas this year. I never really go away unless its to do with work but this year if i dont im gonna end up in a heap. First time ive out of Europe.

Archived