• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joshua

• Kelliemanic

• sunshine_bear

• Carole

Now I am going to have a cup of caaawwwfffeeeeeeee!!!!

Well deserved im sure. Its because of volunteers like you i need the extra help.

HAHA, im kidding.

lol

Well then again I am a slacker lol

I fully support the site and will do anything I can to help out. The site has helped me out so much its the least i can do. What can you give in return to a site and a community that has saved my life so so many times. I feel this is the least I can do. And when my fiance and I have some breathing space with money etc I will become a sponser to.

Josh I don't think I say it that much but thankyou for the site the community for helping me out so much and for saving my life with this place countless number of times.

If there is anything else I can do let me know cos I want to help.

Also I love been a welcomer I get my name in the colours of the sunshine lol

sunx

wow loads of replies....

well i guess i wanna have my say as well. firstly can the people who know who they are, please stop saying all these nasty things to Josh and Em? this change was not as sudden as most people think. except for the new comers who have join within the past 2 or 3 days, most of us who actually read the topics could see that Josh was asking for help. i have donated to this site before so don't bash me and say that i didn't but at the moment my finances have been put on hold. i'll volunteer to become a welcomer as soon as i figure out how to do so.

on the other hand i do agree that it wasn't the nicest thing to happen but how else can things be solved. i'm supposed to be on holiday at the moment but i guess i'll just have to make an effort and try to contribute a little more.

Ok, I would like to make a public apology to Joshua and anyone else I have annoyed/irritated/angered/offended. I'm not in a fantastic place at the moment and the shock of not being able to access my thread in Bad Day/Bad Night forum was amplified because of this. I understand the need for extra resources and would be happy to lend a hand around the site if you will still have me.

Sorry again for my behaviour

Ok, I would like to make a public apology to Joshua and anyone else I have annoyed/irritated/angered/offended. I'm not in a fantastic place at the moment and the shock of not being able to access my thread in Bad Day/Bad Night forum was amplified because of this. I understand the need for extra resources and would be happy to lend a hand around the site if you will still have me.

This is very good of you and brave to. Thank you.

Hugs Carole!

x

Carole, That was such a sweet message. I think everyone can understand your frustation earlier, it was you that said what others gut reaction would have been.

I am sorry you aren't feeling great, I hope you feel better very soon.

Fairy xxx

ok here is my 2 pence worth!!

i think the sudden change isnt helpful to alot of people.

im very reluctent to give money and dont feel i have time to give. i give to other charities and cant support them all. asking to put a link to your facebook account or other social networking site isnt something i would feel comfortable doing. my health isnt something i shout out about and only limited amount of people in the real world know. and im sure others are the same.

i feel that stopping people using crisis forum and chat isnt on. ok i could understand restricting the other additional services unless time or money was given. but this has meant people that arent in the position to help arent able to get the support when in crisis.

you are asking for all this help maybe you should post the accounts to show people the running cost of the site. im not saying i believe its going into josh's pocket but i know there are lots of hidden costs to even the smallest things. and that letting people see this may make it more understandable as to what happens behind it all and the finacial commitment it takes to run a place like this.

you are a register charity and there are billions of pounds of funding out there. i know alot isnt available for this sort of thing but there are still many out there. ok it has been said 1 in 500 are declined. i have been on a funding course for a charity i give my time too and alot of those applications arent able to be funded cos they dont meet the critia for the funders and have to go straight into the bin. its about reading all the small print and making th application suit the funders. they dont wanna turn down good causes and have to give this money to good causes you just have to make your application stand out from the rest. show that your doing something that other charities arent offering or such like.

ok rambled on enough me thinks

im freaking out cos ive just been attacked and i need to see my thread.. my brain is jelly i cant get anything together.. i dont understand .. so if i pay a pound does that mean i can use it for a month?

I also want to apologise for losing it earlier. I'd just come from an argument on another forum and was in battle mode. I also had a bad experience with another subscription forum where they automatically tried to take another years premium after mine ran out and it meant i went over my credit card limit, so I'm a bit wary of internet purchases.

I tend to just head straight for the bpd page and hadn't really noticed the posts asking for donations so it came as a bit of a shock. Joshua I do really appreciate the service you provide for us all. There really isn't anything else like it on the net at the moment. I'm happy to add a link to the site on my email if someone can tell me how I do that and if there are any more spots for welcomers I'd like to have a go at that too. I promise not to shout at the newbies.

I'll donate when I get my next instalment of DLA. I'd only spend it on junk otherwise.

Sorry again. Am feeling really embarassed now.

Yorkie

Sorry Jess, I didn't mean to imply that you are a bully. That was the wrong word. Hope you're still able to do the skydive.

Archived