Mental Health Forums

Checking In! (How Do You Feel Today)

piuma

sitting here while my pain overflows, nobdy seems to notice the pain i carry, even when i tell them, i cant remember anyone asking, how are you? and really wanting to know, do i make it so hard for people to ask, or do they really not give a shit. my heart is breaking and the only person who'll ask how i am is my counseller who i cant wait to see on wednesday, that makes me so lonely surrounded by people i love and my pain is transparent

People are nice to me and caring towards me, but I feel zoned out and disconnected. The smallest thing stresses me out. I am berating myself with tons of nagging, telling my self YOU SHOULDs and then a plummeting feeling happens in the pit of my stomach and the bad visualizations ask for permission to enter. They are like vampires: they need permission to come into your home, and then they drain your life force. So far I have been challenging them, but they are very sneaky. I notice that depressed postures suit me now, too, and I am resisting them. Here comes another wave of "I SHOULDS" with their attendant nausea..........

I think i will sew something for myself today. I need to still enjoy doing my artwork, it's beginning to become too job-like if I dont play with it once in a while.

not very nice anxiety attack this morning, weird visual stuff going on, i was panicing because i thought "this is it, i'm going mad" but stayed positive. played footy and used up all that wasted energy i'm creating. will sleep well tonight, good night x

Hi. I'm new to this and im not really sure what im doing. Thought I would check in! Here goes! How am i feeling today? To be honest, im not sure. I was diagnosed with depression around 15 years ago and also have been diagnosed with dysthymia. (dont know how to spell it). Ive been finding hard to function properly for a long time now and having a teenager and two little girls doesnt make life easier! Lol. I feel quite nervous doing this so i apologise if i start rambling! Two years ago yesterday my mum died. I have prided myself on how well i have handled this but recently i have begun to wonder if i have really dealt with it. I have a hard time dealing with emotions so I have buried them so i could concentrate on my family. Life is hard enough with my condition without emotions getting in the way! Or thats what i keep telling myself. I know i should be dealing with this but Im afraid that if i do i wont be able to control what happens and i think that i might have a breakdown and end up in hospital. Thats ironic cos ive been asking to go into hospital for a long time!! I keep thinking that at least im in control of things at the moments. If i let go then i wont be in control and wont be able to concentrate on my family. Sorry for rambling. I only popped in to say hello and ended up rambling.

I am making a few notes ready for my next visit to the Doctor on Thursday. I am going to suggest a substitute for diazepam - perhaps propranolol as recommended by someone else on this forum, ask about counselling, ask if there is a telephone help line available for night time panic attacks (I live alone). I can't go on living like this - its driving me nuts.

feeling ok today, feel better about bipolar so going to stop working myself up worrying that i'm losing the plot and just enjoy this up feeling and enjoy all my new clothes i've just bought with money i shud be saving, why not eh? anything could happen at anytime so im just going to live life as it comes

Sometimes I think that loneliness is at the root of many mental health problems. I know I suffer with it terribly and it does get mentioned a lot by people who post here. Sad in a crowded world that so many of us are lonely.