Mental Health Forums

What Personality Disorder Are You?

saffron

74 members have voted

1. 1. what disorder do you have

Thank you to everyone who posted and answered the poll. I have found it a good way of getting to know everyone a bit better and so can understand further meaning of posts in general. It has allowed me to be more tolerant because I know a little bit more about you individually. It has been such an interesting post. May it ocntinue.

For me the avoidant trait is typical. Last week I dropped in emotion and feeling and activity because someone had invited me out and a group was going to join us and that we would all go to see a group we like. The night before the gig I phoned friend and he said that I would have to drive myself there as his car was full. Now hang on but we arranged to go together. I just could not bring myself to go to the gig without feeling awkward and paranoid, so I did not go, but the whole matter plunged me for a while and no matter what I did I could not pick myself up, I was emotionally drained. It felt aweful as I could not beleive that I allowed this to bother me, but it did, it was just like id been there many times before ,and I had, and it made me feel so insignificant and unimportant to those I thought were friends. And that is why now I avoid anything with people I know. blahblahblah. sorry

Saffron

BPD describes my problems with the most accuracy. I meet 9 out of 9 criteria and show all the typical BPD symptoms. I can easily relate to many of the others but they only describe me some of the time, or for certain periods of time. I quickly change without warning to someone that doesn't fit their bill at all.

I am dx with typical BPD aka emotionally unstable personality disorder. Sorry but i chose not to read the criteria for the other disorders because i don't want to see myself in them and then confuse myself. I am trusting the doctors on this one.

But hey, i'm getting better, which is great!!!!! I'm grabbing BPD by the balls and refuse to be a victim anymore. I will beat this even if it kills me (which i really hope it doesnt)

Oh i have depression and eating disorder too, which are related to my BPD, but hey, I'll beat that too.

COS i'M FED UP OF BEING MENTAL

Oh i have depression and eating disorder too, which are related to my BPD, but hey, I'll beat that too.

COS i'M FED UP OF BEING MENTAL

Now THAT I can definitely relate to.

My shrink told me (after some years) that I have cPTSD with severe episodic depression. She put BPD on my med records as was closest match (in DSM IV) to cPTSD and therefore would enable me to access acute and chronic MH services (PTSD is not a DSM IV diagnosis yet).

She also said (although I didnt take it in at the time) that I could be discriminated against by MH professions because of a PD disorder, esp BPD. I think I have been, but not badly, and luckily have only realised the discrimination in hindsight because I was so frigging nuts at the time

reb

To be fair, I do match up with a lot of BPD symptoms, enough to have a diagnosis on its own. But when I read typical cPTSD symptoms-boy, I felt I was reading a memoir of my life.....

You forgot DID.

should I hust check off em all? We have 45 diff personalityes each with their own probs so most likely have one with each of the above stated.

Michael.

I think I suffer from BPD/Paranoid, but I havent been diagnosed yet and the doctors don't seem to want to listen either. Does anyone else feel like nobody understands?

bpd is my diagnosis but i wonder if some of these others might fit too.

Yes I agree- sometimes I wonder if apart from borderline I'm not antisocial or one of the others.

The thing that I wonder about is always being alone- but then I seclude myself, have done from my friends at least and as I dont work I'm secluded and excluded from society, if it wasnt for me living with my mum then I dont know what would happen to me.

Yet 3 years ago I at least saw my friends reguarly enough. Now not so.

I am Borderline, although I was dx with Paranoid and Avoidant as well last year.. but I'm not sure if my new pdoc agrees with this or not.

Borderline is quite enough to cope with thankyou very much, so I think I shall avoid my possible avoidant pd and its paranoid friend!!

I have been diagnosed with BPD. So I know I have that one. But reading all of them, I have a lot of similarities to Histrionic personality disorder and Narcissistic personality disorder. :(

Archived