Mental Health Forums

I'm Not Sure If I Have An Eating Disorder Or Not...

Dray

Well I'm doing 4 subjects at college but I'm home for at least 28 hours a week during those hours. I could probably make that 35 quite easily though as I'm thinking of dropping a subject anyway which would add another * hours to the time I'm at home.

Okay, I'll have to check out the private insurance's website then. :)

Yeah, I'll probably try to get those forms this week or maybe at the weekend if this week ends up stupidly busy for whatever reason might arise.

So, would I include things like needing help putting her seatbelt on sometimes in the car? That can be more to do with her hand not having much grip after an operation but would I need to include it?

walker - Sorry, I was replying and didnt see your post.

Don't encourage me to burn things, I need no help :P:rolleyes: Hehe.

I will try to get mum to allow the cab to ehlp but if she really does refuse to let them help, maybe I could find an email address to contact my local cab instead.

I did see on the cab website they had email contact. Also yeah include things like helping her put seatbelt on, absolutely anything and everything you need to do on her worst days.

Hi dray you said your doing 4 subjects, is it over 2 days or more? also do you get a bursary?

Once you get the forms in for all what sammy has suggested, just do all of them, even the carers one, either way, you will be entitled to majority of them.

I will add aswell for the likes of housing and council and DLA is they can take awhile for them to make there decisions, the housing and council one i would keep bugging them on the phone to make sure they deal with it and also make sure for those two that you send everything they ask for ok? you will find if like my place is that it seems to take them 4 weeks to send letter out if you have missed something! which is soo frustrating, but if you keep on top of them weekly is you should be given an answer more quickly.

The DLA form can take a while for them to decide,but they do if entitled to it is back track your money when you have sent the form, so that is fine. I would also suggest, when writing this form out, if like me is i have bathroom probs and my hubsand and daughter has to make sure i am ok and also write that your mum may have bathroom probs due not able to i dont know wipe her bottom to all sorts do you understand? every little thing counts, but make sure that your doctors or whoever back up your claim ok?

Once i get my tests done when ever dam hospital decides to send me my appointment and if it comes out in those tests that i have certain condition is that i will be claiming for a higher mobility rate, i am on high care but low mobility just now, but i have more probs now due to my physical health now that should warrent more mobility. So u make sure every little detail, even how embarressing your mum thinks it is, but it is important to get the right amount :)

You may find if you able to get middle mobility is that you can look into getting a car which there is a scheme called mobility and somethign like that, cant remeber much but my friend has it and got a car.

Anyway i hope that helps a little, if anything else comes to mind, will try to help like sammy.

good luck and get those forms, even if you just have time enough to make phone calls, all of them places will send the forms in the post.

Sammy - okay, thanks. I'll do my best to sort that out.

Barebones - Uh.. 4 subjects on 5 days but I'm not at college for the full 25 hours a week I should be there for as I have time off as well. And what's a bursary?

I'll fill them all in if I can. I dont know if the doctors can really confirm whether she can do everything or not, as such. I mean sometimes she's fine and can do them and they often dont see her when she cant..

The mobility thing was on tv a few weeks ago and I remember them saying that the majority of people who could have the cars dont get them because they never apply. I didnt even think of that though so thanks!

• 1 month later...

hey drey,

i really admire you for taking all this responsibility on at just 16, you are doing so well. i would fall apart so hats off to you.

just thought i'd add in that we have a thread pinned up on the lighthearted section called 'ideas for dinner tonite' n some of us have put up some ideas for cheap meals. i'm sure we could think of more and maybe breakdown what it would cost to make for you?

i'll def think of some ideas because you need food to give you the energy you need for college and looking after your mum.

i'm away to start on this for ya.

take care huni,

drea x0x

can I please ask as a matter of urgency that you call social services.

as you are in full time education the child tax credit will remain until you are 18, your mother also gets 20.00 a week family allowance.

no child of 16 should be in the position you are in - no child.

if you call social services they will help you as much as they can.

you should be out with friends, studying, not caring for a sick mother.

you are taking on far too much responsibility.

do you not have any other family that could help?

PLEASE CALL SOCIAL SERVICES.

Makes me cry to think of a child of 16 taking on the weight of the world like you have.

My son is 16 and I would never wish for him to have to care for me, provide for me.

You should also get EMA that is 30.00 a week are you not claiming that? all students from 16 to 18 get that for staying on and it is means tested.

By my reckoning you should have £164 comming in a week - without the EMA.

Paying no council tax and no rent, the only thing that should be being paid is water rates, gas, electric, tv licence, broadband if necessary/telephone.

if your mother has any debts you must get social services to contact them and advise of her illness and the payments to them can be suspended.

the brain needs feeding, and you should be eating breakfast, i think you are mega stressed.

social services may also send in someone to care for your mum x amount of times per week.

no one can help unless you ask for it.

Archived