Mental Health Forums

Hello Would Be Nice

Paris

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, but if you wanna kiss and make up anyway let me know ok? (pls take this in light it is said, which is to try to make some humour to help relax a bit) Alternatively if you prefer I'm happy to be slapped. xxxx

Okay, but if you wanna kiss and make up anyway let me know ok? (pls take this in light it is said, which is to try to make some humour to help relax a bit) Alternatively if you prefer I'm happy to be slapped. xxxx

if we're voulenteering for a slap i'll take one....i need to wake up a bit :D

x

If I don't say hi, it's because I am busy with baby. I usually forget to put myself on busy because when my baby cries, I want to get to him quickly or he is already occupying both my hands. Otherwise, I say one hi when I come in meant for everyone and try to say hi to everyone as they come in.

I don't think I was in chat when this particular incident happened. I just want to explain just in case I am part of the problem.

always has to try and get the upperhand dont you? your superficial niceness doesnt wash with me

im not sure if you meant that to me or not, i'll feel an ideot if i assume either way

im sorry if offended you, thats the last thing youd need in the midle of this

sorry again

ok everyone stop already, for gods sake if you pair cant get on., dont answer each others posts, block each other, whateva but stop making everyone miserable, and paranoid...

i have gone in chat and people left, usuall;y its just a cross over, and if someone doesnt say hi, well ignore them, or maybe they didnt see you enter...

thats life, it sucks sometimes, but it aint always gona be about who likes/dislikes you, sometimes other things get oin the way...

and please no one take offence, its just a bad time for everyone right now i think, and turning on each other wont help

no tray this time ppl were just being ignorant and rude i dont expect anything less from some but others i thought were a little bit more polite than that

from what was said no one had time to say hi, and if they did, and didnt, well thats something to sort out with them individually, but i really dont think it helps making posts as you have, slagging off a member you dont like.

we all have our own opninions on members, but dont you think its best we keep them private instead of upsetting everyone? its not fair is it?

im sorry if you feel you are being ignored, but thats still no excuse. sorry for being blunt.

i feel i have every right to state what i feel about anyone i havent mentioned names, i shall do as i please ands it seems you quickly took sides didnt you?????

I must admit lately ive ben far less chatty and helpie, because have been feeling a lot more low than usual, stuff come up in therapy and that ... feel a bit guilty coz I read posts and then think oh god I dunno what to say, anything I write feels kinna meaningless. Sometimes I will just post a hello, or a hug.

i would say hello if i could but i cant access chat. Bit of a shame cause it would be nice to talk to someone every now and then, but i do agree that we all have our own shit going on and sometimes just want to read whats going on in a chat room and not actually contribute cause no words can be found.

Take a chill pill Paris.

Remember that Forums, are full of people who are nameless and faceless.

This is a forum for those who have mental illness issues.

Paranoia, not everybody wants to say hello and give you their life story.

Not everybody wants to speak to someone they do not know.

You should never take the internet seriously, it was never meant to be, and because someone does not say hello does not mean they do not like you, they don't even know you.

You are just someone with a screen and a keyboard.

If you are seriously looking for people to talk to you need a place where that is what people do all the time.

Like social networking site.

Don't take it to heart, no one is trying to offend you on purpose.

I think Paris has a good point. We are all distracted occasionally and there are times when we don't pay attention to people who come in the room. But when there are over 10 people in the room and only a couple of them say hi, theres something wrong.

And the internet DOES matter. Its not just text, its real people with real feelings.

And I don't think that Paris is being paranoid or accusing people of offending on purpose, I have noticed these things as well.

Having said all this, I don't think its something that we should fight about.

Paris, you might not have named names, but its obv. and i havnt taken sides, i just find it unsettling and im sure others do, its tantamount to bullying, and you know i am right.

its like being in a school playground here just lately, now i remember whyere i try not to come here, and post :(

Hi Data

I do respect your honesty when it comes to stuff like this, you wear your heart on your sleeve and I think that takes courage. But I would like to point out that by focusing on the people who DONT say hello to you, or respond to you, that you are actually ignoring the ones who DO. Last night I did say hello to you in chat, and was quite offended when you made that sarcastic comment and left. I had been pleased you logged in, and then found myself very irritated at you instead. I realise you are emotionally wound up lately, but how is anyone meant to make you feel better if you react like this even to the ones who want to be friendly?

Sometimes people respond, sometimes they dont, but it doesnt mean they are sitting there spitting at my name. When a lot of people say hi, I take it as a nice treat! But not something I expect. Last night when I logged in, no one spoke for a full minute. Eventually people came back to the screen and started talking, but nonethless last night was a quiet chat. There were actually 8 members online when you came in (I counted). There were 3 or 4 members in there that said literally nothing for the whole evening to anyone - maybe some people just like the idea of having the window there whilst they do other things?

I wish you had just logged in and waited to see what happened, and then maybe you wouldnt have ended up feeling so bad. Its true there are people here that have tried to hurt you, but please dont buy into the idea that everyone feels the same. By reacting to that belief you are actually going to make it come true as you alienate people with your own angry rejections of others. Please dont assume it means those few who dont like you have 'got to us' and made us hate you. I do like you, but I cant help but feel angry when you act like that, and Id rather be honest about it because I think you are a likeable guy.

Ross

Well put hummmmmmm

i think it might help if people remember to use the away thing. i always forget, but im going to try and make an effort,

still there are some who dont feel like taling but want to be in the room, maybe they could just manage a hi, if nothing else!

its weird ha has changed, when i was first in it back in june, it was quite active and lots of people talking, and Moi... no to me people are not just names on a screen, i genuinely care about these people. but thats a different story.

I normally say hi and I try to remember to put myself as away. Went to get some coke and choc that night and came back to a random swear word and an abrupt exit. I do spend alot of time in chat and understand the etiquette. I find it hard not to take any departure with aggression personally. If Im not saying hello to someone its normally because a family member comes in and they dont know about this site and I do not wish them to. I can understand the silence and sitting in the background but I agree it would be nice if people did say hello.

Not much use as an input I know

Ginger

I am sorry if I made you feel angry, Ross. Out of the 10-12 people in the room, I am grateful for the 3 that said hi.

If people could remember to change their status, that might make things easier.

I realise that nobody is perfect and we all forget or are distracted occasionally, but I still think it is rude to just deliberately sit there in silence. Yes you might like to have the window open, but I like to feel acknowledged and not ignored and my feelings (and those of others such as newcomers) are important as well.

i live ALONE

sometimes i like company but not in mood to talk

just wanna BE with people

i also have friends who i talk to in the room only... so when they come in i go into IM and i ALWAYS set busy for that these days

of the people that didnt say hi to you data - I WAS SET AWAY so i hope you are NOT including me in the stats you are quoting...

Data

I dont want to be invalidating, but I did count, and I feel this needs to be said. There were 8 people in chat when you joined. Chit was in IM, there were 3-4 who said very little all night (one of whom admitted they felt depressed and didnt want to say anything, just felt like they wanted to be logged in) and so may not have been looking at the screen, 3 said hello. That adds up to 8, so I presume you are criticising the ones who in all possibility werent actually looking at their screens and didnt say hi to anyone at all? If this is the case, can you see that it wasnt due to any dislike of you personally?

Whilst this is a good reason to ask that people set their away indicator, it doesnt mean they were 'deliberately' ignoring you. Why place yourself in unnecessary pain?

Ross

Archived