Mental Health Forums

Staff Good Or Bad?

Roses

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Agree With STAFF Avatars?

• Yes
    • No

Thats what I think I think they are a helpful tool for the partially sighted and dimwitted mentally ill.

I cant see for a moment why your warn status is so high with a much valued comment like that....

I am the only one that voted yes for your avatar and some people might have bad eyes or special needs so perhaps you are being negative?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joshua

• Roses

• Dani

• <Sophie>

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah. Sorry I hadn't noticed there had been problems with that.

Maybe the avatars can be a little smaller and...um... purple or something? I can make one if you like.

I am the only one that voted yes for your avatar and some people might have bad eyes or special needs so perhaps you are being negative?

Perhaps indeed but i doubt it. :) A fool i am not.

Sophie - you don't even know Dani your comment is really inappropriate.

Oh and I like them, because it means new members if necessary can quickly find a Volunteer/Staff Member if they need assistance, far quicker to search.

Steps out of line?

1 2 3 4 don't break my heart, my achey breaky heart I just don't think you'll understand, if you break my heart my achey breaky heart it might blow up and kill this man, oooooooh.

Line dancing :lol:

Given the amount of fighting, bickering and unpleasantness lately, I would have thought new members would feel safer to know that staff are about. Identifying them more easily would make me feel better if I was new. Walking into a new site that feels unmoderated and hostile isnt the best experience, especially if you are looking for support.

I dont find any of the mods overbearing - I find them fair and fun. Sure they have off days and all people can throw their toys out of the pram, who among us hasnt been guilty of that, especially lately? As I dont find the mods overbearing, I dont find the avatars overbearing.

Maybe mods can decorate them a bit, like when people personalise their desks at work. Bit of glitter and things :)

Ross

We have discussed this is for now they stay as they are.We do not go and make polls about members avatars if we accept them or not do we?

And the way this has been brought up with so much hostility by some is not the way to compell us to discuss it further now.

Lilly

Given the amount of fighting, bickering and unpleasantness lately, I would have thought new members would feel safer to know that staff are about. Identifying them more easily would make me feel better if I was new. Walking into a new site that feels unmoderated and hostile isnt the best experience, especially if you are looking for support.

I dont find any of the mods overbearing - I find them fair and fun. Sure they have off days and all people can throw their toys out of the pram, who among us hasnt been guilty of that, especially lately? As I dont find the mods overbearing, I dont find the avatars overbearing.

Maybe mods can decorate them a bit, like when people personalise their desks at work. Bit of glitter and things :)

Ross

Yes GLITTER! I asked for glitter too.

But really making avatars is not one of my skills. If we had a volunteer to make them all nice and personalised for us it would be much appreciated.

I am sorry. I haven't been new in a long time and have not been aware of what it is like for them.

If what Ross suggested about the personalization thing is ever considered, I am offering to make them if you like. If not, it doesn't really matter.

Anyway, thank you for the explanation and I'm sorry I didn't understand. :)

Ross

But really making avatars is not one of my skills. If we had a volunteer to make them all nice and personalised for us it would be much appreciated.

I can make them for you?

Have to say i completely agree wit Ross, he just said it better than i could have.

I personally don't have a problem with the avatars, i couldn't care less what they were and think it's a good idea to use something to set them apart for the reasons that have already been given.

On this occasion, i choose to respect authority rather than fighting it, which is my usual, natural instinct lol.

But can understand why some might be put off by it.

Sophie - you don't even know Dani your comment is really inappropriate.

Oh and I like them, because it means new members if necessary can quickly find a Volunteer/Staff Member if they need assistance, far quicker to search.

I said sorry about that already let it lie please we don't need more ill feeling now. Thanx

errrrrrrrrrr doesnt bother me either way, i think they STAFF one is a bit big, but mehhhh

I have seen some pretty horrid profile pics and nobody moans about them, i get people might feel intimidated but, maybe if they just decrease the size a bit like chippy chips said xxxx

I voted 'no' (no because they're quite ugly) but :unsure: honestly they don't really bother me. I think it is a good idea to let new members know who staff members are quite easily, just maybe change the way they look? *shrugs*

I couldn't agree more with Ross.

I think the Avatars are fine. I really do not see the issue here. I respect the fact that some of you feel they are "in your face" and large, but that is the point, they are there to emphasise - to new members in particular - who the staff members are. I feel they will be a big help, particularly those who do not use the internet often and to those who are new to online forums. When I first started out on forums I had no idea who was who and who did what. I am not ashamed to say that it was only after asking I knew what a Moderator actually was and what they did.

I do not feel this insults my intelligence at all. I assume that the majority - if not all - of you trust and respect Josh and the rest of the staff members here, they are not trying to insult anyone’s intelligence, if they had good reason to use these avatars then we should respect that. They are here to help us and work extremely hard to make this forum what it is, I think dividing "us" and "them" just because of an avatar is unnecessary, however, everyone is entitled to an opinion and I respect that. I just don't feel we should make such a big deal over this and begin falling out with eachother.

Well i think the staff avatars are a good idea, newbies will then know who is who

also the staff do have names there not called them!! they are human and do have feelings!!

just thought ide state what i think

:D :D

Ross

meee meeeeeeeee i am good at things like this plzzzzzzzzzzzzz lmao

I don't do glitter but I do kittens laugh.gif.

Archived