Mental Health Forums

Best Cbt Books?

hummm_mabbe

Schema therapy is huggie :) I like it :hug2:

I know! Probably the most effective form of therapy for BPD. I've seen Jeff Young lecture on it a couple of times though this year's lecture has just been cancelled.

A.

I'm not surprised you think it's heavy going as it's aimed at therapists - it's by Beck (et al) who dreamed up Cognitive Therapy (note that CT and CBT aren't quite the same thing) and it's in constant reprint because it's on every CBT student's reading list. You might also be interested in Cognitive Therapy of Personality Disorders, (Beck, Freeman and Davis) (2004) and Schema Therapy (Young, Klosko and Weishaar) which Ross also recommends. Schema Therapy is largely about BPD now and CToPD covers all personality disorders with a chapter on each.

A.

good job im planning to start a psychology and politics degree lol! im trying to combine self care with getting ahead of the game! lol! :)

interesting to see paul gilbert getting a wee mention - the overcoming depression book he wrote is one i have read! yay! lol! okies, not CBT related as such, but seeing overcoming depression was well written, id imagine his others were too :)

Archived