Mental Health Forums

December 21St 2012

Narcissa

The mayan prophecy predicts a natural disaster resulting in the destruction of mankind on the 21st of december 2012. Do you believe in this? I'm not sure if i do. But they did predict world war one. And the rise of hitler and also the boxing day tsunami. But i'm sure they got a whole lot wrong aswell.

A lot of folks say the mayans predicted those things, but I heard on telly that if you actually go and look at what they really said, you sort of have to turn left at the traffic lights, hang upside down and squint really hard to actually see how they arrived at Hitler and stuff.

Bit like nostrdamus - its all about interpretation, so thats why these things are always "confirmed" after the events - they are essentially like horoscopes and you just need to read into them a bit. Though apparently good ol nostey predicted that a middle eastern power would rise up and take over in 2050. They cant both be right I guess, cuz either we're all dead or we're not....

That said, Dec 21st 2012 - at least if therapy doesnt work out, I wont have to worry about paying off my debts ...

Ross

A lot of folks say the mayans predicted those things, but I heard on telly that if you actually go and look at what they really said, you sort of have to turn left at the traffic lights, hang upside down and squint really hard to actually see how they arrived at Hitler and stuff.

Bit like nostrdamus - its all about interpretation, so thats why these things are always "confirmed" after the events - they are essentially like horoscopes and you just need to read into them a bit. Though apparently good ol nostey predicted that a middle eastern power would rise up and take over in 2050. They cant both be right I guess, cuz either we're all dead or we're not....

That said, Dec 21st 2012 - at least if therapy doesnt work out, I wont have to worry about paying off my debts ...Ross

:lol:

like ross said, i think it's easy in hindsight to say certain things were predicted by various people but it's all quite vague and easy to make fit into things that have happened.

like we might say they predicted the rise of hitler - that's one of the most important things to have happened in european history. but plenty of other events have happened outside europe that are not as big or important in our mind in this part of the world - maoism in china, or the creation of pakistan. so i just don't believe that it's anything more than some people trying to fit certain phrases into certain events to try to prove these theories are real.

my 30th birthday is 21/12/12...maybe it'll be more boomtastic than i thought.

u been watching 2012?

the next worry we got is north korea and south, if they go hammer and tongs.

Other than that, comets,any rock formation hitting the earth, can happen anytime.

Last i knew next hit by a rock would in in 2021+, by human prediction. Going by humans, we could be wiped out well before then, or as normal, human mistake lol as we say when computer prediction or anything is wrong.

I say, live for today, work on tomorrow, let the furture come as it is, and let the past go.

interesting topic thanks. x

The bible predicts the end of the world too doesnt it - revelations, the 7 trumpets sounding, years of the earth ruled by the horned one, having a mark on your head or hand that you cant buy or sell anything without ... then all that goes to hell (pardon the pun) and all believers are resurrected and will live an eternal happy life or sumthing. Avoids saying when though, all it says is about 'him' coming and his number being 666. End of days I think is called.

I think every major religion has something like this doesnt it? Maybe religious founders were the early paranoids?

Ross

I'm doubting a world ending extinction level event will happen on that date. There are a lot of theories floating about regarding the Mayan Prophecies, as Ross said, it's all about interpretation. One person says this, the other says that.

From what i gather after reading some things about it, is that they are prophesising about a time of great change, which could mean just about anything really.

Although, you only have to look at whats going on around the world today to see that great changes are happening already.

Aurora :)

my 30th birthday is 21/12/12...maybe it'll be more boomtastic than i thought.

Wow!!! That's pretty cool!! I've heard it's more of a life cycle thing, nothing major is gonna happen but the world starts a new cycle or something... so esme, you should celebrate that particular birthday in style!! xx

((Ross)) thank you, your banner made me smile cuz this sort of thing (even though I dont know if I believe in it?!) does worry me x

Uh i'm hallucinating asteroids in the sky and flames. Maybe i shouldn't have started this topic.

Oh dear :( I hope a space ship of friendly aliens comes along and bumps the asteroids out the way...

Ross

Archived