Mental Health Forums

Bpd And Looks

Narcissa

ah a misunderstanding then. I'll just stay out of your way mbtm. I actually said I was sorry for not knowin the stastics and stated I had meant no offence, it's a tad different to apologising to a complete stranger for doing something wrong when I did nothing wrong at all. Hope you find support here but I will not communicate with you again.

Roses, mbtm seems to have been confused and merely stated as such, then after stating she will modify her responses, you've written this post saying that you're effectively banishing her to the dungeon over her not knowing the terms and conditions?? Surely everybody deserves a second chance. I hope that you will think it through and that we can be an all-inclusive board here.

-NAW.

nicelu put. i like alot of your responses on here, they seemed to be balanced and fair, you shd be a mod!!

apologies for off topic, it was only short

@hmm-maybe - I think rather than trying to assertain absolutes here - the discussion - at least for me - was exploratory.

Yes, thats exactly the point I was making too :blink:

I was also told by my psychiatrist that borderline personality disorder sufferers are often high-functioning and attractive people. I would consider myself high-functioning and intelligent, and I am attractive on days that I don’t see a warped image of what’s truly in the mirror.

ah a misunderstanding then. I'll just stay out of your way mbtm. I actually said I was sorry for not knowin the stastics and stated I had meant no offence, it's a tad different to apologising to a complete stranger for doing something wrong when I did nothing wrong at all. Hope you find support here but I will not communicate with you again.

Roses, mbtm seems to have been confused and merely stated as such, then after stating she will modify her responses, you've written this post saying that you're effectively banishing her to the dungeon over her not knowing the terms and conditions?? Surely everybody deserves a second chance. I hope that you will think it through and that we can be an all-inclusive board here.

-NAW.

Thanks Roxy honey,

I secretly think I should be a mod too. lol. :blush:

nicelu put. i like alot of your responses on here, they seemed to be balanced and fair, you shd be a mod!!

apologies for off topic, it was only short

I was also told by my psychiatrist that borderline personality disorder sufferers are often high-functioning and attractive people. I would consider myself high-functioning and intelligent, and I am attractive on days that I don’t see a warped image of what’s truly in the mirror.

I am of the warpie category too. Ppl tell me Im nice looking, I just cannot see it myself apart from on very rare occasions when my mood is up. Its like my mood affects what I see!

**eats some choccie**

**looks in mirror**

PHWOAR

:lol:

I am of the warpie category too. Ppl tell me Im nice looking, I just cannot see it myself apart from on very rare occasions when my mood is up. Its like my mood affects what I see!

**eats some choccie**

**looks in mirror**

PHWOAR

No more choccie for you, then.

You only get carrots from now on!

I suppose its better to cure bunnieline squifflenality disorder than to find yourself phwoarsome :(

If only there could be both.

**thinks***

CHOCOLATE COVERED CARROTS

**eats some choccie**

**looks in mirror**

PHWOAR

Rossie you'll always have the floppiest ears in my eyes. :wub: :wub:

Yeah, sounds silly to me. If anything I get the opposite with MH. Because I am (apparently) pretty and well dressed, have a high IQ and comb my hair I have been overlooked and not offered the correct treatments from ages of 12 up until 30 when I had my latest big breakdown and someone decided to actually listen to me. I am now a "lifer" on mental health team and am on 6 different MH drugs of which the hated lithium is one. I was one step away from long term hospitalisation and ECT. I often joke that next time I have review I am going to put on a tin foil hat and collect old cans and dead rats in a shopping trolley. Guaranteed instant admission to ward if I tip up looking like that!

It's really interesting what everyone has to say about this. Obviously BPD can affect anyone but I think Ross may have a point. I myself havn't been abused (obviously I've been treated badly/betrayed etc. but nothing I would call abuse) but I relate to what a lot of other people have said. Not so sound big-headed but, like Maria, I'm attractive and I can 'put it on' if I want to, and I am often harrassed a lot. I wouldn't think it a reason for why I am the way I am, but maybe it is something to do with BPD, who knows.

((((flower)))), i read somewhere the other day that men find women with BPD more attractive than women without on a percentage basis. Its the combination of looks, personality, the exciting dangerous streak (destructive) and like you say the innocense. I am intelligent, am told quite attractive but i also as a BPD'er have the frightened innocent side and boy have i had my share of abusive men :( , they do seem to prey on this and somehow with there radar, see it in us :(

I found this really interesting. Men are always attracted me, and it seems moreso than to other women who are just as or more attractive. I'm often said to be 'intriguing' and the way you have described women with BPD - "the combination of looks, personality, the exciting dangerous/destructive streak and the innocence" is pretty much me. It's really interesting to find out there may be evidence backing that up. So far though, I havn't been involved with any abusive guys. I have been treated badly and messed around but nothing so far as abuse. Having said that, I'm only 17 so you never know, but it's definitely something I try to be aware of and try to prevent.

So, although I don't think BPD is more likely to affect attractive people, these ideas do make a lot of sense.

**eats some choccie**

**looks in mirror**

PHWOAR

Haha, I'm the same. It's completely erratic. Sometimes I'll look in the mirror and think, 'My god, I'm hideous. Why do I allow myself to show my face in public?' and other times I'll look in the mirror and think, 'I'm gorgeous! Look at me, wow!"

:')

Archived