Mental Health Forums

So Called Former Borderlines Are Really Full Of Bs

foreverborderline

and who says if it ceases to endure, you didn't have it. is correct?

and anyway if people have misdiagnosed, then good for them, im presuming your talking from experience and were misdiagnosed and dont have it? to know so much about it?

do you not also think, that being cured can be like bein in remission? the symptoms may not ever come back but they might?

I think this is true for yrs i was ok, then a major upset triggered my symptoms again.......a bit like any other illness.....for instance i have fibromyalgia....would love to say im cured but i know it could come back at any time.......same for asthma, its under control....but it may come back out the blue....its all about management i think

I am new here but the OP does have a valid point, many in fact and the fact that people seem to be coming at him/her shows that they also feel that he is right.

I do not feel this illness that we all have can ever be fixed, we just have to accept it , get help, and try to deal with it the best that we know how. I wish there was a cure but if all the docs and experts say there is not then I guess there is not.

Except not all the doctors and experts say it isn't curable. People disagreeing with the OP does not prove that they feel he is right. I certainly don't feel he is right.

thanks jinxta thats very intersting... i have half read it and will read the other half laters xxx

Yeah ive only read half too, the screen was starting to make me feel sick.

xxx

• 11 months later...

This is a pretty lengthy post, but in my opinion, plain and simple, I joined this forum because I don't want to be who I am, or battle the daily up's or down's of BPD. If people who claim to be cured from BPD, irrespective of what their definition of cured may be, then good on them. Isn't that what the whole basis of this site is about? To reach a stage where we feel "OK" to be who we are. IF the so called "bull shitters" are in fact just that, then why does every one write on this site? I want to be cured from BPD, if I didn't then I wouldn't waste my time or money on this site or therapy. If one isn't prepared to hold out some hope that you can be cured, then why complain about life when some people genuinely want to be well. The so called "bull shitters" on the site give hope of something to work towards, hope that one day I don't battle with relationships, hope that I can feel happy without wishing I was dead for a day. The first day of therapy with my current psychologist I asked her what was the prognoses of someone with BPD... her response, a BPD person can reach the stage of being ok with who you are IF that person wants it bad enough to work for it. And working for it is freaking difficult and some days it hurts really really bad, but if I give up, I may as well put the gun to my head and pull the trigger now.

So to those who say they are cured... I want with everything in me to get to that stage where I can join you as the so called "bull shitter" ranking who can deal with life, work and relationships and give hope to the people still at the bottom of the foodchain!

Ruth

Yes well said. I'll admit I skipped quite alot of this thread, made me snooze! :ashamed0005:

It is a difficult subject. I think for me I just want stability. I think I will always feel my life was moulded around my mental illness but is that such a bad thing? It would have been moulded in some way whatever had happened. The bullshitter part, I think we have to tell ourselves and talk to ourselves in a positive way if anyone believes they have completely recovered then I am very very happy for them and I am quite certain it would have taken alot of hard work, so if you have got there, well done. :)

Hi all

Just as a pre-emptive, anti-argument measure, please can people take note of how old the original posts on this thread are (Aug 2010 was the last post before topic was resurrected).

Just dont want an ancient fight being brought back to life...

Heh yeah I thought that too :) Maybe threads with a particularly high toxicity have a habit of breaking through the e-cordon :o

Oooo makes me wanna play a game of STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl....

Do you still agree with yourself hun? I only ask as another site I frequent I sometimes read my old posts and don't always agree with me anymore!

Archived