Mental Health Forums

Psychodynamic Therapy

Data

You might be right, Roxy. I have been in T for a year now. However, we are trying to unpick over 30 years of difficult emotions, bad behaviour and wrong thinking. I might just need to give it more time.

Data sometimes it is the therapist..... i have been 'stuck' with several and decided because we were going around in circles it wasn't the thing for me, so this time around my m.h team have decided upon trying another form of therapy, I dont know what yet as im still on yet another waiting list to be assessed!!

good luck with what you decide xxx

hi data

i've been in therapy a year too and although lots of good stuff has happened i still drink even though my t has told me i have to stop and i still have regular urges to self harm by overdose. as you said there are 30 years of hurt to deal with. i have accepted i could be in therapy a long time after i have stopped my meds.

Don't lose hope. it is a journey and sometime in the future you won't need to drink or overeat. neither will I.

love starry x

I am shit scared he will get more and more direct with me and try to push me to change. And I won't change

of your post that really stuck out " and i wont change." ask yourself why you are going for therpay what you want help with ( i get asked this alot!) it helps focus you mind on what you want the help with. Maybe he needs to be tougher, i overeat i dont see it as a majour issue just a side effect of how i feel i belive that if i work on how i feel the eating will calm down so i dont beat myself up about it

As for how long 4 yrs on and i still wonder when will i know :0)

keep going

Lucy

I think with this kind of thing it's a delicate balance and conflict. Between the ache to be acceptable and cared about just as you are... and the need for change to live a more fulfilling, healthy life. There has to be enough of the self acceptance, or change cannot happen. I believe Jung said this, or something along these lines.

Hi there again, the fact that you explain your processes and events helps me for one (and probably others). Some frictions in the past arose around adding too much or too little weight to passing factors. There are thoughts like mental flotsam (miscellaneous impressions), and there are thoughts like being who and what we are, and I read much more of the latter sort of thing in your posts of late.

(I have been very irregular in attendance myself and am usually more incoherent than I fancy myself to be ...)

Archived