Mental Health Forums

I Did It, I Did It, I Did It!

catsmother21

I haven't been out for well over 2 weeks because the anxiety and panic attacks were getting too much. So I gave up for a while and just stayed in my comfort zone at home.

Today, I felt like I was beginning to get some of my fight back and thought I can't and won't stay in here for the rest of time. I washed my hair and then made a small list for the supermarket, took the bull by the horns and went for it.

I kept my sunglasses B) on so that people couldn't see the fear in my eyes and they gave me something to hide behind. My mouth was dry, I felt sick and I thought my legs were going to give out at the checkout but nothing really bad happened. We only live about 3 minutes walk from the supermarket and didn't have heavy shopping so it was OK to walk back.

I'm so pleased I did it - still feel a bit strange but I know that I just need to ease myself back in day by day and IT WILL GET BETTER.

My husband is so proud of me and I think I'm proud of me too!!!!!! :D

Well done :).

You have thought about coping strategies such as the sunglasses. That shows determination and foresight.

I think you ought to give yourself a little reward now!

Well done :).

You have thought about coping strategies such as the sunglasses. That shows determination and foresight.

I think you ought to give yourself a little reward now!

Great minds think a like Data - I'm tucking into a bag of Minstrels and have got some glossy magazines to read. Thanks for your kind words :D

Well done!

I have been through the same sorts of fears. It proves that the fear of something bad happening is actually worse than the reality.

Keep taking baby steps so you don't get too overwhelmed, and as Data says, remember to reward yourself.

Take care xx

that's great....

I think time out sometimes is necesary. In our own time, at our own speed and when we're ready, WE CAN do anything. Well done. Lovely to read xxx

Hi Cm, You're my new hero! Well done!You're the bees knees and the dogs bollox!

From Your charming, gorgeous, lovely, beautiful and oh...did I forget to mention very humble friend,

BPDlkeme :D

Hope the fluff monster didnt miss you too much!

Fantastic CM Well Done!

I have been there and know how hard that first step is.. you and hubby should both be really proud of you!

(each time you go pick up a really nice treat for afterward if you can!)

Thank you everyone :grouphug[1]:

I was emotionally exhausted after my little trip out, fell asleep and have just got up again! But still feeling good :D xxxxx

YES! Way to fight through the anxiety and prove to yourself that you can accomplish these things. You're an amazing person and it's such a pleasure to read about your triumphs :D

xoxo

I know from a personal point of view how hard it can be,I have severe trouble going out. Im so so proud of you!!!

Lilly

Wow that's great! You pushed through and next time it will be that much easier to go.

Well done. You're an inspiration.

WP

Archived