Mental Health Forums

Incapacity Benefit Claimants Reassessed

Data

Immature and childish all in a few minutes. Dearie me.

It's been all day so can we now take away the arguing it's not healthy for the forum.

I'm find something useful to watch evan almighty lol.

Now I am coming off the thread

Hi guys,

I had to invisible a lot of posts in this thread because they where;namecalling,personal attacks,putting people down,threats etc

I truly understand the emotions involved here,I personally feel emotional about this subject too.

When we get so very emotional,we respond maybe in ways that are not constructive,youre much more likely to get your point accross by reasoning.

Why not write in a diary to release the emotions or use another way of doing that and then when calm come back here and have a healthy discussion? Or decide if you even think you really should respond?

Lilly

i get negative points already!!!!! LOL oh pleeeeease!!! get a job, a life and pay something back to society

I had my own business, employed people. took others off benefits and gave them a chance to build their self respect. With that in mind, do you really honestly believe that I prefer to scrimp and scrape on the small allowance the benefit agency give me? I would dearly love to be earning 1k each week again, (Part time lol) nice car, holidays abroad west end shows, bla bla bla!

I find your comment ignorant, uneducated and very judgemental.

What you judge you become. Take care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my husband has serious heart condition and crippling mental health problems and all this media propoganda where benefit claimants are labelled as scroungers, skivers, dole scum, etc, is devastating to people with mental illness, and the ideological cuts that the tories are putting in place will only put more pressure on depression sufferers, due to poverty, debt, crime and having the stigma of being on benefits as the whole country seems to have turned against those who are too ill to work (mainly due to right wing media propoganda), if it was a serious physical condition there wouldnt be this prejudice

my husband has serious heart condition and crippling mental health problems and all this media propoganda where benefit claimants are labelled as scroungers, skivers, dole scum, etc, is devastating to people with mental illness, and the ideological cuts that the tories are putting in place will only put more pressure on depression sufferers, due to poverty, debt, crime and having the stigma of being on benefits as the whole country seems to have turned against those who are too ill to work (mainly due to right wing media propoganda), if it was a serious physical condition there wouldnt be this prejudice

I agree, My dad has terrible artheritis as well as other painful dissabilities cause by years of hard graft on the docks working sometimes 20 hour days years ago, on top of that his mental state is shot to pieces since we lost my mum he can't even get through the first hour of the morning properly let alone a full day, so he is on dissability living allowence with no re claim date.

Since he heard all these new rules and changes he's been even worse thinking he wont be able to live because of his benefits possibly being taken away, this has had a huge impact on his mental state as well as this it's set him back which means he's forgetting pills so the pain is now at an unmanagable stage again, it's like we've gone back a couple of years with progress.

Archived