Mental Health Forums

Life Changing Decision

skp67

on monday whilst on leave from hos i started my usual od procedure but this time i gagged on the pills, felt guilt straight away. So just want to share with everyone my psych doc said i had taken 60 od's last yr, but something has clicked i dont want to do it any more. Yeah sure i'm gonna wobble but the last 7 weeks in hos has really helped. I know its baby steps right now and the path is long but by god i'm not gonna die so soon. Scally xx

on monday whilst on leave from hos i started my usual od procedure but this time i gagged on the pills, felt guilt straight away. So just want to share with everyone my psych doc said i had taken 60 od's last yr, but something has clicked i dont want to do it any more. Yeah sure i'm gonna wobble but the last 7 weeks in hos has really helped. I know its baby steps right now and the path is long but by god i'm not gonna die so soon. Scally xx

So, so happy for you hun, that you've been able to get to the point where you realise enough is enough and it's not helping you and you want more for your life. Of course it's baby steps right now. But that is absolutely fine!!! Am with you all the way. xxxx

idk what to say really. well done doesnt really seem to cover it, its amazing how far you have come in 7 weeks. and when you do have wobbles we will be right here xxx

thanks, i'm crying now with just thinking what i have put my family through. I'm still in hos and gonna try at working with the staff more... Go to the groups and communicate when i feel the urge to do things. Scally x

scally this is such a huge step forward and like winnie says we are all with you on this and will support you in any way we can ((((((((scally))))))))

Lovely to hear you have reached that point in your life, well done sending you lovely warm ((((huggles))))

and lots of strength to take those baby steps, baby steps are the hardest to take remember, they are wobbly and uncertain but you will get thru them, now u know which way you are travelling

much luv

big san xxxx

Scally I'm so pleased that things have changed for you and you're feeling differently about accepting help and working with the staff and like everyone has already said - we are here for you xxxx

It's pretty simplistic, but I've been similar to where you are, but I've got to where I'M JUST TIRED OF IT. I don't think it's medical but it's where I got to in my life and I went from there. Effective? Yes.

But I still need help and I'm getting it.

had sh wounds dressed today, they are being really understanding with me, especially when i think back 7 weeks and was trying everyday to hang myself with bras. Yes i have moved forward, but am under no illusion i am fixed. I spoke to the nurse today about how much longer i'll need to be here and she said we'll take it week by week

Well done for working with the staff more, and its really good you can see your progress yourself ^_^ Like everyone else has said you are doing really well xxx

Hiya Scally,

I am so pleased for you that you have come this far.

I can really relate to your situation. I got quoted '40' od's by the dr who dx'ed me bpd - and there were a good few after that. I didn't see what i was doing to myself & anyone who cared about me.

That time of my life is behind me , as yours is now. Really, it is easier without the drama. I know that with T & meds now at least you'll be able to address the issues, which were before behind the sh & od's. PM me anytime if a wanna talk, hugs, anne marie xxx

ICU, i took them cos i genuinely thought i wanted to die. I dont know what or how its happened but i dont want to now. I want to get to see my kids be married and be a nanny sometime in the future. I have just had a brutal and honest talk with a nurse about if i go out for longer than i say then they will call the police. So i have that to think about. Also my husbands step mum died the end of january so i dont know but my weird thinking is she has met up with the dead relatives i see and put them to rest somehow. Eitherway i am so not going down that road again. Xxx

ICU, i took them cos i genuinely thought i wanted to die. I dont know what or how its happened but i dont want to now. I want to get to see my kids be married and be a nanny sometime in the future. I have just had a brutal and honest talk with a nurse about if i go out for longer than i say then they will call the police. So i have that to think about. Also my husbands step mum died the end of january so i dont know but my weird thinking is she has met up with the dead relatives i see and put them to rest somehow. Eitherway i am so not going down that road again. Xxx

Hi Scallywag, I am so happy you are on the mend now and its good that the hospital is taking you seriously. I was just asking about the reason you take OD's is because I took several OD's and I also genuinely wanted to die. It is a scary place to be in. Best of luck xx

Archived