Mental Health Forums

New Support Service

Joshua

It could be worse. Joshua could be capitalising on this, but as far as I can make out, he is not. People expect too much. We've been given something but it's not enough. But it should be.

indeed. it speaks volumes even though it is small and came with a warning for future non communications. lol

It could be worse. Joshua could be capitalising on this, but as far as I can make out, he is not. People expect too much. We've been given something but it's not enough. But it should be.

cough cough not 'given' narcissa.... .

cough cough not 'given' narcissa.... .

It is your choice to pay. It isn't forced. And it is for non profit.

I'm sorry the changes have caused some pain, but the reality is this will occur again and again.

so why not just change it back then Joshua if you know that it is causing so much upset? what difference does it make to you?

Your going to loose a hell of a lot of good members from your site.

And loose them I will.

I find it astonishing that such protest has been made about the changes which I consider to be for the best. So many features have been included which assist people with issues mentioned time and time again throughout the years. So much work, money and time has gone into this new system which has been done with the best of intentions. To be treated the way I have in response to this is extremely hurtful.

This place will always change; I will always strive to make it better. Sometimes I will get it right and sometimes wrong but il always try. Some will stay around and wide the waves and some will pass us by. The one constant will always be ME.

sorry josh but i find you very selfish when you have not once made any efforts to take anybody elses opinions into consideration.

Ill ask you the same question again- what difference does it make to you if you bring back the status update box?

sorry josh but i find you very selfish when you have not once made any efforts to take anybody elses opinions into consideration.

Ill ask you the same question again- what difference does it make to you if you bring back the status update box?

Err its because of people's opinions the new system exists... or the idea of it...

The difference it makes to me is its contrary to my vision which is informed by many years of experience in doing this and listening to 1000's of people's views on what may be of use and what may be useless.

Err its because of people's opinions the new system exists... or the idea of it...

they said that about the coalition but it hasn't settled the people has it lol revolution here we come :mad0233:

And in striving to make it better you have made it worse. You got it wrong in many peoples eyes. You have uspet people who depended on what they had. Your commitment to improve things josh should be commended. Your views on change and the effect they have on others is sad to see. A lack of empathy and understanding to the people who use YOUR site. People in power are always there to be shot at. It is a way of life. To see your views on loosing members as a " casualties will occurr" kinda way is not really a very nice view to have. Maybe your defenses are up as so many are far from impressed by the change you have made here. You seem to have isolated yourself here. Sadly it comes across as a " look what ive done, arent i clever, every one love the new support bit". And when people havent liked it, they can go elsewhere. There opinion not valid. For a site that should show understanding, empathy and support. Its a shame that the person in charge seems to lack those qualities. Just me nieve opinion of course.

If we all give it a week or so chance and see how it goes, and then decide, calmly, that we dont like it would you consider bringing it back? please x

question:

if you remove crisis plans from the forum (as i have been told you are doing) cos you can store them in your support system area, how can we look at other people's crisis plans to help them, which i thought was one of the points of posting them on the forum in the first place ? or can you please tell me how i can look at someone's crisis plan on the new system...

(also have you had chance to look at the diary default week that i mentioned on friday please)

im sure the new system that you have developed will be very successful josh.

The shout box that you have developed is more like a chat than a status update.

Why cant we have the status update back on the main forum and still have the new support system??

that way everyone is happy?

And the difference between the shout box and status updates is? its locations, thats all.

The shout box was updated earlier today as per my previous message.

"And loose them I will."

Well this comment just shows how little you care about the thoughts and feelings of your members. If you cared Joshua you would be trying to make us stay!! not just completely disregard our views and carry on with what YOU think is the best thing to do!

And the difference between the shout box and status updates is? its locations, thats all.

The shout box was updated earlier today as per my previous message.

The differences are that:

-That you have to go onto a completely different web page to view it.

-You have to keep scrolling down to view everyones posts- making them easy to miss!

-There isnt a direct link to the persons profile anymore!

and im sure there are many more!

Its not the same at all!

i whipped my crisi plan out and pasted it quickly into the first box of the new support forum. But I have to say Chitma, I completely agree that this now seems an utter waste of time. If I want a copy of my crisis plan I can look in my pile of mental health paperwork... or type it up there... or keep it on my pc, or on my wall, god dammit i can have it tattood to my arm but how the hell is anyone else gonna see it now?

And if Chit gets mad.... then Josh you have a serious problem on your hands and I suggest you give this top member your priority!

one that i seriously am beginning to think i want to remove myself from.... hrmmm... will talk to professionals about this and see if something else is available where i can help others x

Archived