Mental Health Forums

Today I Am Liking....

fedup!

today i am thankful for my friends , both here and in real life.

...and bicarbonate of soda- great for getting nicotine stains caused by smokes offa fingers and teeth.

Edited by badkitteh

What color polish Lily?

Kit, That stuff works miracles, I have found it a good homemade face scrub to deal with my adult acne and exfoliation, wow, polishes my skin without the extreme expense. It is good on teeth too, I have done my teeth with it and used ACT fluoride to build up the mineralization.

Oh and me :) I am feeling above the weather for the first time since xmas.

Edited by Saharah Blue

Recipe for face scrub please, Sah? xxxxxxxxx

http://www.ehow.com/video_7411189_remove-blackheads-baking-soda.html

I mix up less than a just 2 tablespoons per application, in the palms of my hand. Apply with fingertips, leave on only a few minutes and remove with a hot cloth. Then rinse my face with cool water or if you a toner, tighten your pores back up with that. And moisturize like normal, it keeps my skin feeling brighter for about 48 hrs. Then do it again, so a couple times a week just depending on your skin type. It really has reduced my breakouts more than half. Not getting those regularly jawline or around eye breakouts that leave dark marks anymore. :) Happy Skin

...and bicarbonate of soda- great for getting nicotine stains caused by smokes offa fingers and teeth.

oo oo oo excited :D - how do you do it on your teeth kitteh and Sah? xx

Edited by catsmother21

Just thought I've probably been a bit thick here - do you just brush with it or sprinkle some on top of your toothpaste?

Just thought I've probably been a bit thick here - do you just brush with it or sprinkle some on top of your toothpaste?

Instructions

1. Pour about 1/4 tsp. baking soda into a small bowl or container.

2. Dampen your toothbrush with water.

3. Dip the toothbrush in the baking soda and get as much baking soda to stick to it as possible.

4. Brush your teeth, and rinse with water as usual.

*its kind of the old fashion tooth powder method, if you remember the adult world from those days at all.

• Like 1

Instructions

1. Pour about 1/4 tsp. baking soda into a small bowl or container.

2. Dampen your toothbrush with water.

3. Dip the toothbrush in the baking soda and get as much baking soda to stick to it as possible.

4. Brush your teeth, and rinse with water as usual.

*its kind of the old fashion tooth powder method, if you remember the adult world from those days at all.

Thanks Sah - do I then clean as normal with toothpaste or do I just use the baking soda til the stains have gone and then go back to normal toothpaste?

Good tips! Great!

My nailpolish is seethrough but with silver glitter in it Sah :)

BTW I take a tablet of garlic supliment every day and rarely get outbreaks anymore,was a tip someone ones gave me,apperantly it helps cleanse the blood?

And I give myself a facial once a week,what I love is a mudmask,if you look around a bit you can find cheap ones,just simple mud its best stuff.You dont need special masks really.And I have a big bottle of seasalt I scrub my face with,also cheap.

Dermatologist also told me for daycream just get cheap good can of cream like from nivea or dove,works just as well as expensive daycreams. I put on extra thick layer before I go to sleep.

Anyhoooo,what I like today;

Fresh bedsheets

feeling good

shopping with hubby

missycat with me

silver glitter :) pretty. Lily, you seriously have much nicer skin than I. Yours always looks baby soft + you are younger than Ms.Sah Hubbard over here, lol.

Today I am liking:

Walking in the mountains, with a light snow freshly falling

Not being hard on myself

Delayed snail mail showing up

Getting well

Taking it easier at my own choice and pace

I am liking

I think I am over the worst of this virus I've had - still feel rough but nowhere as bad as I did.

I had a lovely phone call with my brother.

The weather is calm and mild.

Edit - forgot to say I have blitzed the fridge/freezer as well which has cleared one thing out of my head of what needs doing here :)

Edited by catsmother21