Mental Health Forums

Today I Am Liking....

fedup!

My mum.

She got me some One Direction love hearts today. My favourite band and my favourite sweets.

It's really nice of her for lots of reasons. It's not the kind of music she wants me to listen to and she's not usually someone who buys random presents.

So it's really nice that she remembered I liked them, ignored her embarasment of buying something she doesn't aprove of and that she bothered to buy them at all.

even though writing down the bad stuff really helps I think it can also ingrain it in your minds a bit. So maybe it's important to write down the good things too.

• Like 1

I agree em, you have to mix it up or your brain gets wired to overly focus on the negative. It makes me feel more balanced to post on this thread because it doesn't have to be a great day, but I almost can always think of something I liking even if is just coffee :)

• Like 1

The football results and how happy my dad is :)

my 1D lovehearts (it was a very big bag)

my satin colourblock dress, haven't worn it for a while so I forgot how soft and shiney it is

The football results

looking on the tk maxx site (couldn't find what I wanted but its nice looking at all the lovely clothes)

enjoying putting my make up on, its nice feeling physically well enough to do that

the smell of dinner wafting upstairs (I wish my mum let me cook more often because I love it but her food always tastes lovely)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...