Mental Health Forums

Intrusive Thoughts - Shouldn't Trigger Anyone

CrippleAndStarfish

Why does the sun make you worse hun? In what way?

Personally, I absolutely LOVE the sunshine and the warmer weather - it really lifts my mood, makes me smile..... Until my thoughts start going like this -

it's sunny out..... bimo's at work.... it's warm outside.... means there will most likely be women who aren't quite so covered up..... probably some really pretty women..... OH MY GOD BIMO IS GUNNA LEAVE ME FOR A REALLY PRETTY, CONFIDENT WOMAN WHO GOES INTO THE SHOP IN SHORTS AND A LITTLE TEE WITH NICER BOOBS THAN MINE AND LONGER SLIMMER LEGS AND A WAAAAY PRETTIER FACE AND WHO ISN'T STUPID AND CRAZY AND OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!

That's usually the point where my heart feels like it's going to beat right out of my chest and tears are streaming down my face and i'm FURIOUS with him....even though he's done nothing at all, but I get so scared that it just comes out as anger. :unsure:

xxxx

it's sunny out..... bimo's at work.... it's warm outside.... means there will most likely be women who aren't quite so covered up..... probably some really pretty women..... OH MY GOD BIMO IS GUNNA LEAVE ME FOR A REALLY PRETTY, CONFIDENT WOMAN WHO GOES INTO THE SHOP IN SHORTS AND A LITTLE TEE WITH NICER BOOBS THAN MINE AND LONGER SLIMMER LEGS AND A WAAAAY PRETTIER FACE AND WHO ISN'T STUPID AND CRAZY AND OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!

Above describes it perfectly, absolutely perfectly.

I'm thinking, he is looking, is he wishing he was with them not me. Crazy.

Hi Crippie,

I know what you mean by intrusive thoughts, get them alot myself. Sorry if I have asked before... mind like a sieve at the mo, but did you ever get diagnosed with BPD? Just I did, so you're right, it can be a common symptom of it.

Ok, so for the example you gave... next time you feel an intrusive thought, stop. Just count to ten, or count something e.g. when you are out shopping, count the baked beans in the aisle.. dont ask lol, it's worked for me sometimes hehe. Next, challenge your thoughts. You are JUST as nice as these "girls", if not better! :) Besides, these girls? Lol, no brain cells... you mean the ones that get their boobs out when a tiny ray of sunshine is out? Believe me, I was the same recently.. guy I was in contact with not so long ago (another, just couldnt keep waiting for the one I loved) actually picked a ugly blonde bimbo over me. Look at it how I did though... you ever seen that programme "Snog Marry Avoid" on BBC3... have you SEEN those girls? I mean, God. You wanna be deluded, fancying yourself, low IQ? Oh and fake boobs, fish lips, oompa loompah coloured, so much fake hair.. I dont know Bimo, but I dont think he's the type anyway to go off with one of these stupid bimbos.

I like the Crippie now and the one I have seen on FB.. nothing wrong with you! :) Seriously though, challenge those thoughts when you feel one coming on.

Look at it the other way:

Could say to yourself: it's sunny out...Bimos at work.... Bimo is likely to be working his socks off to do his job where he works.... yes there are girls out... but I have him! And I am just as equal to these girls... and probably am more intelligent.. and later...Bimo is gonna come home and cook me dinner... he's gonna come home to me :D

Sorry if that's gone on a bit. Easier said than done... I'm still working on it myself! Not easy but no reason why you wont get there :) xxx

Ran out of rep points hunni, will come back and green you :)

Brain is turning to mush as am having a bit of a meltdown atm, so just a quick reply to say thanyou for being so kind to me. you're such a sweetheart, truly you are. Got me all tearful and stuff!! haha

Oh, and yuss indeedy, had the BPD sticky label on me jumper for about 2 years now. Fun times eh?! Only not. <_<

love and hugs to you hunni. Am off to go cry into/beat shit out of a pillow now. Will no doubt speak tomorrow. night night

xxxxxx

I'm out of cred hunni and can't face phoning up to top up atm....even though i only have to liten to an automated voice and press some buttons - not even a real person. How lame is that?! Too much effort atm, might ask Bimo if he'll do it for me, but doubt i'll be in touch this evening, but thankyou hunni. Will find some way to get in touch if i need to.

hugs hunni. xxxx

stay safe hun

you is good people

remember that

much love

xxx

ps - it's chips - i changed my name (again lol)

Archived