Mental Health Forums

New System

Joshua

That's not what we are upset about, we have clearly stated that Joshua's statement about 'considering' moving the messages across is what is upsetting. That's like playing with us.

Right I'm shutting up now, I am sure that'll please.

Thats the way you have chosen to take my comments rather than how they were intended.

I can understand it might be shitty losing old PMs but were not on purpose not moving them to annoy you. We are doing what we hope is in the best interest of everyone and first need to consider all pro's and con's.

Not to mention its probably a shitload of work to do.

Lilly

• Like 2

he has worked hard an it is HIS site, he can do wtf he likes really, BUT he did get status updates back for us yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy fink ppl shud stfu an get on wiv it (til i can read me msgs this is ...)

• Like 2

Lily we know you aren't trying to annoy us xxxxxxxx

However, people don't want to lose their PM's. If we had been asked it would have made a world of difference as they could have been archived.

People who come back to the forum after a few days away are not going to understand whats happened - if their PMs are gone they may well be very upset xxxxxxxxxxxx

fink ppl shud stfu an get on wiv it

Does this translate to "Think people should shut the fuck up and get on with it"?

Charming.

Lily we know you aren't trying to annoy us xxxxxxxx

However, people don't want to lose their PM's. If we had been asked it would have made a world of difference as they could have been archived.

People who come back to the forum after a few days away are not going to understand whats happened - if their PMs are gone they may well be very upset xxxxxxxxxxxx

No one has LOST anything yet..

When the new PM system is up and running we will post about it in general or something to explain to all where it is and how to access it.

As for maybe losing PMs there are so many things we have to consider I myself indeed did not realize people might have wanted to have know to be able to archieve PMs. I dont know about Josh he might have had good reasons.They are indeed not lost theyre in the system still. Take a breath,give Josh some time to consider all this.

As youve seen with the status updates he does take this sort of stuff on board and will carefully consider how to deal with this now.

Lilly

charlotte its not gonna change an he has worked hard! an he has got the status updates back for us, which was the original gripe a week ago!

we're never happy r we rolleyes.gif

People will still find the uncertainty unsettling.

I must say that I'm rather disappointed that you're being dismissive of the grief these changes are causing people.

A nice little "Apologies for any inconvenience caused" matrix sign would be greatly appreciated I'm sure.

Corpse -

I will not walk around with a banner saying Im sorry all day. I made it quite clear that change was coming and apologised for people's upset at the changes early on in this process.

I understand people's upset but at the same time acknowledge that I am one person and have certain limits as to what i can and cant do. I will not always meet everyone's expectations.

Whenever changes are made there is always a bit of distress that comes along and some intitial things that need tweaking.

We understand that causes distress and we try to limit that,of course we are sorry for any distress caused.

But I also feel we can ask a bit of patience and understanding from you guys. Everything Josh is trying to get implemented right now is being done so with the best interest of you guys in mind.Not because Josh likes it better but because he thinks it will be helpfull for members. We can never please all and also I think if people gave it a little time and a chance they might find the new system very usefull.

Lilly

I'm sure that if the new support system really takes off and it's of great use to the forum's members then Josh's efforts will be greatly appreciated by most, if not all concerned.

Having said that though, the PM issue was a touchy one. Thankfully, I've been merely inconvenienced by tonight's happenings but if I'm to lose all my previous messages then I have no doubt that I will be most upset.

Ok, so I have read most of this now and my understanding is that Josh has said there will be changes but not said what specifically. Then Josh has gone and implemented all these changes and users are understandably upset as they have now got to have 3 windows open at least (one for main page, one for chat and one for support system) and that there have lost their messages (for now, tbc later date).

Tbh Josh it's not ok to do this without telling people. People should have had a few days notice to save/move their messages that they wanted to keep BEFORE you decided to move the messaging system with the "possibilty" when you decide, to either move them back or not. You have to understand that a lot of us on here don't like change and this has been change that is unpredicatble which is even more scary. A lot of us had messages saved from years back from special friends and you have handled this very badly. You should have been more upfront about this and I don't think you realised how upset people would be about it.

I appreciate all the work you are doing and I actually like the new support system, it is more user friendly than the old ticket system and I am looking forward to when the ticket button is there in the near future. In the short-term it is a bit confusing but I'm sure it will all settle as people get used to it. I actually like having the messages and all my personal stuff in that place. For me it doesn't matter how many windows are open and the fact that I can have one place to go for info/medical advice and just use this place for posting is great, I like the crisis plan being there and the status bar is better off there as a lot of people were getting upset by some of the content when it was on this screen so it's nice to access this part away from that (largely in my view) negativity.

• Like 2

hello, tried to open a pm from a member that has been having a difficult time but cant I am not well enough myself to read through all posts on here can anyone tell me simply how i can read what she wrote?