Mental Health Forums

New System

Joshua

sorry...whats a browser version and type?

This website will display the info

http://www.thismachine.info/

Just copy and paste the answers to the questions e.g.

What browser am I using?

You appear to be using Google Chrome 11.0.696.48.

What operating system am I using?

You appear to be using Linux

This website will display the info

http://www.thismachine.info/

Just copy and paste the answers to the questions e.g.

What browser am I using?

You appear to be using Google Chrome 11.0.696.48.

What operating system am I using?

You appear to be using Linux

Except dont paste your IP address as thats like handing out your phone number.

I have submitted a ticket about not being able to see my friends list even though they have received my notification that I have asked to add them/added them. BUT it now says I have 48 messages in my inbox ( on forum pages) but none of these are in my inbox on new system. I am confused and quite upset that this is happening. I want to be able to see my friends list and I want to see these messages/notifications.

At the top of this page in this section you might have a little green and a little white box. Clicking on either will bring up a pink error page but it will clear the white box and add it to the number in the green. Then check your profile page to see if you have any comments...I don't know if you have comments enabled. Then come back here and click on Support System. Then once in ((should be logged in--if not log in) click on the link 'account' (top of page right side next to your username) then click on your username and you will go to your page where you will have a tab for Friends and a tab for messages. Click on the tab for Friends and you will see new requests. Click on the tab for Personal Messages and you should have all your PMs migrated here and new PMs.

The one bit where you click on 'account' is not working right now...for me. But that is the steps to get your friend requests and PMs. Please ignore if you already knew this and it is just not working.

BTW the green box at the top of this page does not clear ((white is new notifications and requests and PMs)

xo

Edited by toocrazy

I have submitted a ticket about not being able to see my friends list even though they have received my notification that I have asked to add them/added them. BUT it now says I have 48 messages in my inbox ( on forum pages) but none of these are in my inbox on new system. I am confused and quite upset that this is happening. I want to be able to see my friends list and I want to see these messages/notifications.

At the top of this page in this section you might have a little green and a little white box. Clicking on either will bring up a pink error page but it will clear the white box and add it to the number in the green. Then check your profile page to see if you have any comments...I don't know if you have comments enabled. Then come back here and click on Support System. Then once in ((should be logged in--if not log in) click on the link 'account' (top of page right side next to your username) and you will go to your page where you will have a tab for Friends and a tab for messages. Click on the tab for Friends and you will see new requests. Click on the tab for Personal Messages and you should have all your PMs migrated here and new PMs.

The one bit where you click on 'account' is not working right now...for me. But that is the steps to get your friend requests and PMs. Please ignore if you already knew this and it is just not working.

BTW the green box at the top of this page does not clear ((white is new notifications and requests and PMs)

xo

Gonna add this here again too, just incase Roses missed it at the bottom of the last page :) x

Hi Roses,

See my thread here.... To All - Who are still recieveng PM's on the main forum boards

That clears up why you are still recieving PM's on the main forum board, they are not actually PM's from your friends, just notifications sent to your old inbox via PM. The new Support System PM's and the old Main forum board PM's are not connected anymore (Atleast i don't think so? correct me if i'm wrong), that's why they are not showing up when you go into the Support System.

Aurora :)

(p.s. please excuse the double account for the time being, i can't actually get onto my normal account for some strange reason)

Edited by aurora24

In most internet programs, you can find out your "browser version" by clicking on Help at the top, and then clicking the "about" part. So in Internet Explorer 8, you click Help (top middle-ish of screen), and then "About Internet Explorer". That will tell you your browser version.

In order to take a picture of your screen, Press the "PrtScn" button, just to the right of the F12 key. Then open the program "Paint" (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint , if you are using Windows XP) and go to "Edit" on the menu there. Click "Paste" and the screenshot will pop up in the program. Click "File" then "Save As..." , and then choose JPEG under "save as type". Save it and then put it as an attachment in the window here on the site (use 'browse' under the reply window to find the picture you saved, and then click "attach this file").

Sorry if you know all that already, just thought it would be useful for folks :) Might be slightly different for Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Mac Users.

pffffffffffffffffffffff...i give up, still dont understand!!! lol im so so so so bad with technology!!!

Thanks though, i do appreciate the response. =] XxX <3

At the top of this page in this section you might have a little green and a little white box. Clicking on either will bring up a pink error page but it will clear the white box and add it to the number in the green. Then check your profile page to see if you have any comments...I don't know if you have comments enabled. Then come back here and click on Support System. Then once in ((should be logged in--if not log in) click on the link 'account' (top of page right side next to your username) then click on your username and you will go to your page where you will have a tab for Friends and a tab for messages. Click on the tab for Friends and you will see new requests. Click on the tab for Personal Messages and you should have all your PMs migrated here and new PMs.

xo

sorry had to add it again because I missed on bit and added it :wacko:

Have been having MAJOR probs logging on here the last few days. Is there some sort of maintainance going on? It keeps saying my password and/or username are incorrect - they're not. I'm logging on as normal to all other internet sites.

Also, when I log off from the forum - not the support system - and log on again later (ie hours later)....I'm still logged on.

Anyone any ideas??

Have been having MAJOR probs logging on here the last few days. Is there some sort of maintainance going on? It keeps saying my password and/or username are incorrect - they're not. I'm logging on as normal to all other internet sites.

Also, when I log off from the forum - not the support system - and log on again later (ie hours later)....I'm still logged on.

Anyone any ideas??

Hey Fedup, i was having the exact same troubles today. I even set up a new account because i couldn't get on at all to check to see that nothing untoward was going on with my account. After about 4 hours of trying every now and again and then trying to renew my password, i finally got on.

Glad to know it was not just me and sorry you've been having troubles too. Atleast i know now i havnt been hacked or anything else. There's obviously a technical glitch.

Yes thats what I was worried about too!!

Am also a bit thick with internet stuff - need to learn more :unsure:

Sorry you've been having trouble hun - but am glad its not just me, sorry!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you Aurora and too crazy but doing all that has made no difference. There are people who have accepted my friend request but yet my friends list is blank. Is it because I sent the request fro mthe forums by clicking on their names and selecting add as friend? Do I have to go into the support system and senfd them a friends request from there? If so how come they got my friend request when I sent it from the forums? And why can't I view my friend list on the forums? Can you only view it from support system now? I have had no reply to my ticket as of yet.

OK, so I checked my 46 notifications (to be correct on the number of them) and the entire first page of them are pm's that people have started with me over the last few weeks and I CANNOT SEE ON THE NEW SUPPORT SYSTEM!!!!! When is this going to end and why are no staff posting on here helping me???????????

OK, so I checked my 46 notifications (to be correct on the number of them) and the entire first page of them are pm's that people have started with me over the last few weeks and I CANNOT SEE ON THE NEW SUPPORT SYSTEM!!!!! When is this going to end and why are no staff posting on here helping me???????????

Hey Roses,

I can't help you with the Friend request thing, sorry. But i know that when you get a notification sent to your Inbox on the forum because of a friend request, profile comment, or reply to a thread post. The 'white icon' notification will say 'You have recieved a new message from so and so' even though it's just a PM notification. In fact, if you have your settings set to recieve a notification by both inline and personal conversation, you end up getting two 'white icon' notifications for just one thing. One saying you've recieved a comment, the other saying you've recieved a new message. When you end up opening that message, all it will say is...."So and so has commented on your profile".

The message system on the forums has been off for the last 2/3 weeks(?) so any messages you've recieved since the message system has been off, are not actually PM's as such, they are just notifaction PM's, likely saying something like "So and so had accepted your friend request" which you can stop from this moment on by changing your settings as i instructed on the thread i linked.

I can't actually tell you how to get into your PM box on the forums to view or delete these new messages that are showing on your profile, it's something that Josh or Lily is going to have to help you with. But i will bet you a million squid, that if these are messages you've recieved since the messaging system got turned off here, they are just notifications, rather than actual messages. If i am wrong, i apologise.

It would be nice if a member of staff could step in and back this up?

And also help Roses with her Friend Request issues?

Also, a user manual/help guide for the new system would be nice.

Edited by _Aurora_

I've noticed that the 'Search for New Friends' function doesn't seem to have an option to actually 'search' anymore, just a task bar to type a name in and thats it.

deleting stuff like status updates and people from friends list doesnt work

it initially deletes them

but if you refresh then they comeback again

edited to add that when you edit status updates, after refresh it all reverts to what it was before - so that dont work neither :(

Edited by Villan

friends now stay deleted - yayyyyyyyyyyyyy tvm (although not yay for deleting friends :( was just playing around with someone who knows what i am doing to test it btw)

but

sadly status updates still reverting back to what they were :(

Edited by Villan