Mental Health Forums

New System

Joshua

sorry josh was not online last nite. Now I click on support system and click on my account and get a blank white screen there, can't even get to account xxx

any timeframe for fixing PMs ?

been over 2 weeks now since they were transferred over there and they have never worked...

Disclaimer: I am finding workarounds for most things.

1. Notifications: small white box, click on them and then click on link to read who started a conversation. It goes nowhere but then go to profile and see the comment. If it is a pm then I can read it in the new system. Notifications still not clearing (green box but I know those are all read so not bothered)

2. Friend request pending do not work in new system. I get a page of errors in the new system when I accept. But it does work in the old system and then carries over and the friend shows up in the new system. (well this did work but just cked and friends list all scrambled but Josh on there so he might be updating)

3. People are getting pms from me, or redelivery of older pms. One member said she got a new pm and I have stopped sending pms for about the last two weeks. I've been putting updates on profiles if I want to connect, until it is fixed.

pretty big task you guys are doing switching it all over, don't envy that job :blink:

just reporting latest bugs (((xo)))

Edited by toocrazy

What is it about??? As I went on it and it say's i've got a message but can't open it??? Nor write in the side box??? And do I have to pay again to be a support on it??? :wacko::blink::wacko::blink: ...

Hey Josh,

Messages are being sent and recieved so it seems (TY), but we're not getting a notification of a new message recieved. You have to go into your inbox and check the message to see if it's been replied to.

Edited by _Aurora_

my pms are FINALLY working!!!! :D

not quite sure where all the ones from the past week or so have gone though blink.gif nemind tis fixed now

(still wouldnt mind being able to put more than 2 emoticons in my messages though lol)

Hi JosH I found the PM. Now new problem: I found a topic in the forum and put it on my watch list. It was flagged in the Support System under "Forum". When I go there I cannot find this flag "Forum". So dont know how I can get back to the topic I checked.

Elke

hey, i cant seem to open my PMs. just get a pink error page.

Also, the online chat isnt working for me. get completely diverted off the site. it was fine before, only had this problem for about 4 days.

Is this a fixable problem?

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

for the chat room i get...

We were unable to return you to mentalhealth-world.org.uk.

Internet Explorer has stopped trying to restore this website. It appears that the website continues to have a problem.

and for the PMs i get...

An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#10226] You are not allowed to use the private messaging system.

Useful Links

•Forgotten Password Recovery

•Register a new account

•Our help documentation

•Contact the forums administrator

When people have an error please provide your browser version and type, a screen shot if possible, any error message and any other relevant info that may assist me in fixing this issue ASAP.

This weekend had difficulty several times when I want to go to support system. I click on it and it doesn't load, hangs trying. It has only been the last 3 days. If I log out and come back later then it works. It is almost reacting like it is down.

Thanks

I have submitted a ticket about not being able to see my friends list even though they have received my notification that I have asked to add them/added them. BUT it now says I have 48 messages in my inbox ( on forum pages) but none of these are in my inbox on new system. I am confused and quite upset that this is happening. I want to be able to see my friends list and I want to see these messages/notifications.

sorry...whats a browser version and type?

In most internet programs, you can find out your "browser version" by clicking on Help at the top, and then clicking the "about" part. So in Internet Explorer 8, you click Help (top middle-ish of screen), and then "About Internet Explorer". That will tell you your browser version.

In order to take a picture of your screen, Press the "PrtScn" button, just to the right of the F12 key. Then open the program "Paint" (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint , if you are using Windows XP) and go to "Edit" on the menu there. Click "Paste" and the screenshot will pop up in the program. Click "File" then "Save As..." , and then choose JPEG under "save as type". Save it and then put it as an attachment in the window here on the site (use 'browse' under the reply window to find the picture you saved, and then click "attach this file").

Sorry if you know all that already, just thought it would be useful for folks :) Might be slightly different for Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Mac Users.

Edited by hummm_mabbe

I have submitted a ticket about not being able to see my friends list even though they have received my notification that I have asked to add them/added them. BUT it now says I have 48 messages in my inbox ( on forum pages) but none of these are in my inbox on new system. I am confused and quite upset that this is happening. I want to be able to see my friends list and I want to see these messages/notifications.

Hi Roses,

See my thread here.... To All - Who are still recieving PM's on the main forum board

That clears up why you are still recieving PM's on the main forum board, they are not actually PM's from your friends, just notifications sent to your old inbox via PM. The new Support System PM's and the old Main forum board PM's are not connected anymore (I don't think? correct me if i'm wrong), that's why they are not showing up when you go into the Support System.

Aurora :)

(p.s. please excuse the double account for the time being, i can't actually get onto my normal account for some strange reason)

Edited by aurora24