Mental Health Forums

New System

Joshua

i got some boring ones if you wanna - they are workroundable so i was saving them til you are bored (and fixed the major stuff that ppls worried about)...

link to "send pm" on top of this page just takes me to dashboard

if i click on support system banner on top of page the welcome screen calls me chitma and then if i click to the dashboard it recognises my name change and calls me villan (not fussed about that unless it impacts on the next one)

if i click on chat tab at top of this page (and same for support system top tab) i cant log into chat cos it says username password invalid - however i can still get into chat by clicking on the word chat next to where it shows the number of ppls in chat

i also tried to send myself a pm to test that one and i could only send it to the username "chitma" and not "villan" (for that it says that all the fields arent populated) although when it came through it was sent to "villan"... may answer why i havent had any PMs - maybe i aint so unpopular !!!!!!

all probably cos i am an annoying serial name changer and all my own fault and as i said, not that fussed - you can save em for a rainy day if you wanna......

additional: although sending myself a pm doesnt actually test i can receive them - but i didnt get any notifications of new pm in inbox so i dunno quite where it went cos it dint appear in my inbox - just looks like a sent pm

although prolly shouldnt be able to pm myself - it is a lil sad innit :(

Edited by Villan

I just tried to send Villan a PM as a test, she's on my freinds list as 'Villan' but when i click on it, it says this user hasn't configured their about me page ??

Tried to look for Villan or Chitma via friend search, but the names are not there, also neither is my name on the freind search. Neither _Aurora_ , Aurora or aurorablues, neither is Roses (whom i tried to send a PM to as a test).

Edit:

Roses is there now

Edited by _Aurora_

oooo - hey Josh - ima go bed now so i cant give yuo feedback :( soz...

but i will dream of waking up and finding zillions of PMs in my inbox :)

additional: although sending myself a pm doesnt actually test i can receive them - but i didnt get any notifications of new pm in inbox so i dunno quite where it went cos it dint appear in my inbox - just looks like a sent pm

although prolly shouldnt be able to pm myself - it is a lil sad innit

fixed

Nice one Josh, I'm on the Friend Search, so is Villan.

I noticed Toaster and Piuma are not on the search either.

Maybe it would be good for others to check to see if their names are on there.

i had 3 PMs this morning - woooooooo hooooooooooo

will check the rest of the stuff when i wake up a lil more - thanks Josh :)

link to "send pm" on top of this page just takes me to dashboard - still happens

if i click on support system banner on top of page the welcome screen calls me chitma and then if i click to the dashboard it recognises my name change and calls me villan (not fussed about that unless it impacts on the next one)- fixed yayy

if i click on chat tab at top of this page (and same for support system top tab) i cant log into chat cos it says username password invalid - however i can still get into chat by clicking on the word chat next to where it shows the number of ppls in chat - OK... now i can get in chat with the tab but it calls me chitma, and when i try the way that used to work then it tries to log me on as villan and says username password invalid, kinda the opposite as how it was before :wacko:

thanks for fixing the PM thing :)

still using chrome and XP although if u need me to test anything during the day i will be using firefox and xp :)

Hey Josh,

Is there anyway to get a notification of a new message? Like on the old system it would say you have 2 new messages in green that would direct you to your new message if you clicked on it.

There doesn't seem to be anything that indicates....'You have a new message'

You kind of have to go into your inbox, and check the messages you sent to see if anyones replied.

Cheers :)

on the support system i get a pop up both of new messages and replies with 2 options

1 ignore - it goes away

2 read message - takes me to message - new stuff is displayed darker than read stuff

i also have the number of new messages displayed next to my name...

do you not get any of that Rory? :(

i dont get email notifications yet tho...

PS - currently using firefox but i got same with Chrome on home puter this morning...

OK, here I go again then. Further to Josh's comments on my thread about PM's I will again, list the problems I have:

I have 46 pm's in the gree box on the forums.

I have set my notifications to inline as told but they still keep going to there in stead of the new system. Obviously I can't view them on the forums and they are not in my inbox on the new system either.

When I veiw the notifications they are mostly pm's that people have sent to me over the last few weeks or so.

On the forums I clicked on my friends (about 40 of them) and requested they be my friends again. Some of these friends commented on receiving the notification yet my friends list remains blank in support system. Do I have to add them from that system?

With all due respect Josh I have mentioned this over and over and over again on this thread and had many users trying to help me sort it out. I have submitted a ticket

Ticket ID: OZS-619-92580

Subject: Friends List

Department: Forum issues & technical support

Type: Issue

Priority: Medium

dated 24th of this month to which I have received no reply.