Mental Health Forums

New System

Joshua

it says i don't have messages over there when it says on the notifications here that i have new pm's.

edit-and my old msgs aren't there either.

Edited by vivien

Found how to send a message on the new system but does that mean all old messages have been deleted because I can't find them? :blink:

i have a msg in here but cant access it - so i go to support system an me msg folder is empty there...know ur workin hard josh but maybe check the new system is workin b4 shuttin down the old system?!

The facility of sending messages and receiving them is live and working.

Moving over PM's from here im considering.

Nothing is not working to the best of my knowledge.

i have a msg in here but cant access it - so i go to support system an me msg folder is empty there...know ur workin hard josh but maybe check the new system is workin b4 shuttin down the old system?!

i'm having same problem

Edited by vivien

Moving over PM's from here im considering.

Do you mean "I am considering moving PM's over from here"

as in there is a chance you won't or that it may be impossible due to technical issues?

as in there is a chance you won't or that it may be impossible due to technical issues?

This is what im considering.. :)

This is what im considering.. :)

I'll wait to see what you decide then, before I write what I am thinking and get upset at losing some seriously special PM's from good friends.

I would've liked to have been given the chance to save/transfer my old conversations...

(((old conversations)))

Seriously though, if they've gone then this would be much akin to the landlord coming into the property, going into one's correspondence drawer and surreptitiously destroying any letters found for no better reason other than the fact that he's developed a brand new set of property down the road which would be better equipped for storing any new letters one may receive.

Seriously though, if they've gone then this would be much akin to the landlord coming into the property, going into one's correspondence drawer and surreptitiously destroying any letters found for no better reason other than the fact that he's developed a brand new set of property down the road which would be better equipped for storing any new letters one may receive.

Accept that would be illegal of course...

Accept that would be illegal of course...

I think the ethical issue would be a greater concern than any legal issue.

New status updates idea implemented. Lets hope i hear some positive comments in regards to this or at least CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK. :)

or at least CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK. :)

I think CWP's point about been given the chance to save PM's would have been constructive feedback if any of us had been pre-warned about losing PM's.

I think there has been lot's of constructive suggestions over the last week or so, it's just sadly they have been ignored.

I think there has been lot's of constructive suggestions over the last week or so, it's just sadly they have been ignored.

I strongly disagree. Your feedback has been taken on board and improvements/changes have been made daily. Ive spent every night working on this and for you to say its being ignored is simply untrue/unfair.

I strongly disagree. Your feedback has been taken on board and improvements/changes have been made daily. Ive spent every night working on this and for you to say its being ignored is simply untrue/unfair.

I haven't seen any of the suggestions put into practice or confirmed that you are considering them.

They are your improvements/changes not ours. I can't remember anyone saying get rid of messenger and put it on a completely different forum/website.

It's all as split as my head now.

If this was a free forum I would keep my mouth shut but I paid my £10 because I thought this place was great, the status updates, the PM's etc. One pays for something for the services and expects those services to remain.

• Like 4

it sucks when people dont recognise what you done on a forum, one im admin on was completely hacked and it took me about 6 hours solid over night to repair it, and people just moaned why was it off,

i say well done for working so hard, people dont realise what goes into them, its not like installing adobe reader or flash player on your computer,

I haven't seen any of the suggestions put into practice or confirmed that you are considering them.

They are your improvements/changes not ours. I can't remember anyone saying get rid of messenger and put it on a completely different forum/website.

It's all as split as my head now.

If this was a free forum I would keep my mouth shut but I paid my £10 because I thought this place was great, the status updates, the PM's etc. One pays for something for the services and expects those services to remain.

Then to be frank you havent been looking. Many suggestions have been made and things have been done, im sure a few people will recognise that.

The services you state you paid for still remain just not in the same capacity they once existed.

it sucks when people dont recognise what you done on a forum, one im admin on was completely hacked and it took me about 6 hours solid over night to repair it, and people just moaned why was it off,

i say well done for working so hard, people dont realise what goes into them, its not like installing adobe reader or flash player on your computer,

I wouldn't moan if the forum was down due to technical issues....that is not my point.