Mental Health Forums

New System

Joshua

hello, tried to open a pm from a member that has been having a difficult time but cant I am not well enough myself to read through all posts on here can anyone tell me simply how i can read what she wrote?

If she sent you the message on this system and not the new one, you can't read the message.

If it came through on the new system then you should be able to access it on the right hand side of your profile

I am really struggling at the moment - I don't really have any friends in real life anymore but I do feel that I have friends here and really wanted to read some of their PMs that I had saved for times like this - ones that have been filled with so much kindness and support and they have GONE :crying_anim::angry:

Edit - I've just realised that means I've also lots email addresses and telephone numbers :crying_anim:

Edited by catsmother21

OK Josh, I sent an email to Walker last night and when I logged on this morning it was not there so I re-sent it (in new system).

I then sent a message to Third-eye and another one to Walker sayying the same.

I logged back in and I now have a message to Walker with the content that was for Third-eye and my message to Walker isn't complete. Only first sentence is showing.

AND I have a number 1 next to my name now on main forum pages and no way to access it. How can anyone be sending mesgs there?

I logged back in and I now have a message to Walker with the content that was for Third-eye and my message to Walker isn't complete. Only first sentence is showing.

THAT IS SCARY

I have thought long and hard about this since all of this has been happening so this isn't an impulsive post and I realise I may be kicked out but I feel that I have to say this.

I agree with what CWP and ILC have said. If this site was free then I feel that I wouldn't be feeling so let down about what is happening here. Your attitude to all of this comes across as like it or lump it. You have been flippant and bullish with your replies - I don't feel any empathy coming from you whatsoever. What CWP said is right - you could say sorry and show some empathy but you replied saying that you can't be flying the sorry banner all of the time - which sounds so flippant and uncaring. It's not just with this thread that I have seen this uncaring and flippant attitude.

I feel that you are thinking that you just have to ride out the storm and then you will have enough new people on board who never knew the old system and they will keep this site going for you. Just like SKY TV or BT or any other company who only seem to care about getting new customers on board and not looking after their existing ones.

I have sobbed my eyes out this morning over losing my PMs that I had kept. You are pushing a lot of people to the edge and I do not like it.

• Like 3

THAT IS SCARY

OMG it just isn't safe to use the new system.

Gee Im sorry to hear this! There are always a few glitches at the start,its like that with any new system.For now maybe make sure you do not send stuff you wouldnt want others to see.

Lilly

you havent lost your pm's they are still here, just you cant access them right now, if there is something on there that you must have access to, then request it, maybe josh can sort it, he hasnt said he wont transfer the messages over, and if he does he needs a bit of time, these things dont just happen in the blink of an eye. There are god knows how many members, with god knows how many messages on each of their profiles.

nobody can push anyone else to the edge. Is ultimately our own choice, and i hate to think that people are going into a crisis because they cant cope with the changes.

Also, I dont think josj was being flippent,

imagine, you do something that upsets a few people, you appologise, but it is constantly brought up over and over again, how many times does a person have to say sorry?

You all think josj is being insensitive to your needs, taking away all that was good. yous all just refuse to see the good in what he has done, and ow hard he has worked to give you all something better, you all so many new features,

ok so you might come back with we didnt ask for it, we dont want it., well, in coming here and being a member you are putting your trust in the sites owner that he knows whats best for his forum and members, it seems to me, that the majority were unsure but have accepted it, and really its just 3 or 4 people who are making this whole process bitter.

I know you will all be seething at this reply, but its how you few make me feel.

josh,

i know that you have a test account that you use with the new system, but if you need any help testing stuff before making it live, just give me a shout - i am usually about...

i am sure other people will help too...

and then we will be able to help the rest of the forum... may take a bit of pressure off you... help make the transition a tad smoother if you like...

the offers there anyway...

:)

Happy to test stuff too..... It will help make sure stuff works and not stress other members when it doesn't go to plan...

Hi

Nice offer. In effect your all testers and are more than quick to let me know if there is an issue.

:lol: Did you have to set up a separate feedback inbox just to store mine :lol:

Im afraid we cant say when PM situation will be fixed,its a lot of work,Josh is going as fast as he can.

We ask for your patience in this.

Lilly

Subscriptions moved to the new system. - These are the new packages/permissions.

VIP sponsors

-User dashboard

-Letters

-User letters

-Diary

-Crisis plan

-View blog

-Create blog

-Resource

-Quote of the day

-Medication reminder

-Therapy aids