Mental Health Forums

I Think It Could Be Really Simple

lostsoul

Lets discuss this in a pm. Just need to get my thoughts together. I am not angry at you. I would like to clear this up because I do not want you to feel hurt by me.

Have got to go out to collect my son.

Just didnt want you to think that I am ignoring you. Not sure when I will be back though.

Later today I hope.

everyone's different

different things work for different people

why else would there be different types of therapy and different therapists

wouldn't life be boring if we were all the same

we all have different personalities, over and above the BPD or whatever

In Overcoming Anxiety for Dummies (honest, I bought it!!!) it gives different ways of approaching things as to whether you are a thinking, feeling, whatever person...

Nature or nurture?

Or whether one's nature is properly nurtured?

If the mother is stressed or undergoes a traumatic experience while pregnant I agree that the fetus could very well be affected by the experience. So yes you make perfect sense and explained it very well. Same with premature babies seperated from their mother's at birth can cause later in life seperation anxiety. Kari-would be able to explain this well

would anyone like me to explain this? Its about emotional dys-regulation..

I need to check out my notes and reflections at home first, but I can explain.

Also, my parents were largely emotionally absent from me throughout my childhood.

As for nature, well, both my parents are ?depressed/BPD/Narcissistic?, which I would both inherit and be consumed by as a child.

My mother's mother I gather had some kind of ?anxiety disorder, and some distant relative on my father's side was 'mad' apparantly.

YET ALSO my Grandfather was the most gentle and loving person, and was a nurse in an asylum in Epsom, as well as being a gardener.

My opinion? BOTH nature and nurture, at least for me.

Its the whole 'family constellation' as it were....

That's my stuff for the day, my inner child is off to play...

:wub:

Katie

:)

(if u count buying "The complete guide to mental health for women" in Boooks Etc as playful fun lol!!! :) and shopping in Sainsbury's :) )

(((((((hugs)))))))

Katie

Archived