Mental Health Forums

Annoyed At Notice Board

miss.smiff

I would be happy to help if there's anything i can do Lily and Josh. I feel like i'm too young and too new to the site and my mood and my health is so up and down so why would you want me? But i would really like to help if you can think of something I can do.

personally i'm here pretty much everyday but don't see that i need a label to be able to help. i just respond where i can.

You all want to have a say but less then 1% of you guys is willing to pay sponsorship or help out.

We have virtually no peersupporters.

Only a few dedicated mods.

We once asked for members to help out with stuff only very few did anything at all.

We work hard for you guys. We oversee everything and have been here years,again;we do our very best here.

Lily

I would be interested in being a peer supporter if that's ok?

CWP we have almost 24000 members. I think 2 or 3 peersupporters,5 mods. 6 minimods. You do the math.

For arguments sake lets say less then half is active 10.000 again you do the math.

Lily

10,000 active members! Where?

I can't believe i can't add status updates or send a bloody PM on the forum any more unless i pay up. Previously being a sponsor meant there were far more benefits than simply being able to PM my friends.

I'm sorry that messing about with a perfectly fine forum has left Josh out of pocket - it must be doing your head in, Josh. But no-one here, paying customers or otherwise, wanted or needed you to do that in the first place. Not sure why users need to be put out to pay for it now?

were talking about 1 pound a month here.....or 10 a year......

Everybody interested in helping out please pm me.

Lily

were talking about 1 pound a month here.....or 10 a year......

Everybody interested in helping out please pm me.

Lily

I am interested in helping out and sent you a message yesterday.

Just to say some of us, me included do a lot on this forum, replying to posts and supporting people in crisis, so would be nice for this to get acknowledged, not everyone wants or needs to be a peer supporter to be a supporter of the site.

Christine

ps hope you get the volunteers you are looking for. x

I think is is important, do the status updates and the pm system cost anything? If they do how much? If they don't why can't everyone use them? And there aren't 10,000 people using this site and I for one am glad of that. Perhaps if we knew what everything cost then we can pull together and people that can afford it pay abit more and help abit more with time for those that haven't time or are unwell to help and no money to pay. That way we all get everything and it is all paid for?

I feel sad that everyone has an opinion and then I suggest a solution or the idea of a solution and no one replies.:(

I feel sad that everyone has an opinion and then I suggest a solution or the idea of a solution and no one replies.:(

hi hun

try not to feel sad. it's only been a few hours, and there might not have been a lot of people on yet, i dunno. i read, and you make some very good points, i'm just a little pre-occupied right now to be replying. sorry, xx

Thanks hun probably not left it long enough was just feeling a bit of a prat as no one replied.

it's easily done cats, but please try not to worry. it was a good constructive reply i thought, and i respect that you're trying to help and i'm sure others will think so good xx

sorry you think no one liked your idea Cats, I thought it was very nice of you to say that

Thanks hun I was just feeling jittery and like oh no what have I said because I posted it and then went out and when I got back thought there would be some replies as everyone has been so upset over all this. I think I was impatient. :ashamed0005:

I think your idea is good catseyes.I still haven't heard about peer support yet maybe i don't fit into it or they don't want me :(

I think your idea is good catseyes.I still haven't heard about peer support yet maybe i don't fit into it or they don't want me :(

Peer support can be quite difficult sometimes and they will want to have a look through your posts and make a decision as to whether they feel you will be able to cope. And this forum is run by volunteers so you have to give them a little time.

Peer support can be quite difficult sometimes and they will want to have a look through your posts and make a decision as to whether they feel you will be able to cope. And this forum is run by volunteers so you have to give them a little time.

I understand that but Lily didn't say that in her post.

Thanks hun I really wish I hadn't said anything now some people here have been bitchy and I was only trying to help makes no difference to me who can access whatever.

I mentioned this topic in another topic and someone in pm said I had an agenda. Forgotton now I hope. Pointless. I can understand why Joshua said what he did to be honest.

Archived