Mental Health Forums

Well Bad News.....

Joshua

Hi can someone let me know why I can't leave comments on other profiles? When I try, it says 'error on page' at the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

Also, is there any way I can automatically see all my friends and their comments on my profile - i.e. rather than clicking 'profile feed'?

Also (!) will I still receive notifications if someone has left me a comment?

Many thanks xxxxxxxxxx

You'll receive a notification, don't worry :) and about leaving comments, you're not alone, I have that problem too and I think several other members reported the same problem. Hope it'll get fixed soon.

Starry is having that problem with comments too.

There it not away to see all your friends on the main page, you can take it off all together in settings. I think it is meant to just be a preview.

Yes were aware of the comments issue. We're looking into it.

I think the stars are related to how many pos rep point you have.

Notifications should still be received yes,to be sure check if your settings regarding notifications are set to your wishes.

(would still like to be able to comment on OWN profile - so not so public as status

also

dont like everyone viewing profile feeds seeing who else we have commented to)

sorry commenting on own profile is upsetting you, maybe in the mean time you can use the "about me" section to kinda pop comments on your own profile...

edit typo

Edited by Villan

not important really but i wish i could Like more posts, everyones been so good to me today. tho when aren't they?

walker i agree about the status feed, i post comments on all new members profiles and people who visit my profile will see that instead of things like statuses. it would be nice if there was some way of changing that but i understand theres lots of other stuff to do and some things arent possible. I think you are doing amazingly to change so much and help so many people!

i can see c horse and i can see sah's gallery in all places

Ty, I think the trouble is that I can't access my own gallery in my profile or browse on the main gallery page. I can see my pics though and if I click in one I can follow a link to Sah, but what happens when my pic aren't in preview somewhere, how will I link to it then? That's is my main concern. I'll wait for Josh to have a look when he can. I might just need to make a new one, I and deleted the old.

If you click on "new content" that is where it makes me go through the whole topic again which it didn't used to. Is this a glitch or a feature? (sounds all techy!) If I do it as Pie said, main page, then I don't have to go through the whole topic. It is bad isn't it, any little change and the whole world is upside down!

not important really but i wish i could Like more posts, everyones been so good to me today. tho when aren't they?

walker i agree about the status feed, i post comments on all new members profiles and people who visit my profile will see that instead of things like statuses. it would be nice if there was some way of changing that but i understand theres lots of other stuff to do and some things arent possible. I think you are doing amazingly to change so much and help so many people!

See I worry about this as I don't even know what you mean lol

If you click on "new content" that is where it makes me go through the whole topic again which it didn't used to. Is this a glitch or a feature? (sounds all techy!) If I do it as Pie said, main page, then I don't have to go through the whole topic. It is bad isn't it, any little change and the whole world is upside down!

i have explained this 3 times now - but may not be doing so very well... even though you did "like" the last post where i explained it, so i figured that you were ok now...

so here is a pic

next to the reply to this topic button on the top right of the post there is "GO TO FIRST UNREAD POST"

or, do you not have that ?

Edited by Villan

i have explained this 3 times now - but may not be doing so very well... even though you did "like" the last post where i explained it, so i figured that you were ok now...

so here is a pic

next to the reply to this topic button on the top right of the post there is "GO TO FIRST UNREAD POST"

or, do you not have that ?

Only 3 times, what is wrong with you, and have you considered that I like you, NOT what you are saying! :cigar:

and have you considered that I like you, NOT what you are saying! :cigar:

nah - i just thought you found what i said answered your question :( but if you dont have that bit on your screen i dunno what else to suggest... but if i find another way i will let you know...

No I don't have that option! Oh dear I will keep looking.

ok lets try it this way,,,

go to view new content and hover your mouse pointer thing in the middle and a lil black spot with a down arrow appears inviting you to preview topic

like this:

then click on this and it will show the first and last posts in the topic

like this:

if you see at the bottom of this drop down box thingie, there is the option to VIEW LATEST UNREAD

that any help to you at all ? if not then i dunno :(

Edited by Villan

or click on blue spot/star on left of topic title (see in above pic)

that takes you straight to latest unread posts

wicked :) tks that's much easier, never saw that - although i did notice that it is a circle for stuff yuo havent replied to and a star when you have already replied to topic (or are watching it) dint realise it was active too :)

i guess the way we are gonna find things is mostly by hovering blindly over every inch of the screen and see what pops up - lmao

• Like 2

as someone who always reads instructions BEFORE usign something,

the explore blindly technique is so frigging scary we run hide avoid mostly

as someone who always reads instructions BEFORE usign something,

the explore blindly technique is so frigging scary we run hide avoid mostly

understandable...

but i am glad you found that cos i was going about in in the most convoluted way lol

Incidentally, in case others have it the same as me and are confused, I get neither a circle, nor a star in the "View New Content" section.

When I preview a topic I just get the folder icon.

Doesn't matter, just thought I'd share in case others had it that way too and thought something was wrong.