Mental Health Forums

Cpn Holidays

manja.

thanks hun. gonna arrange gp telephone consultation tomorrow morning then ask if she can prod them, given that i'm not even sure who they are lol. will let u know how i get on x

I agree;call your gp. Youre struggling,take yourself seriously,take your needs seriously :)

Let us know how you go?

I agree;call your gp. Youre struggling,take yourself seriously,take your needs seriously :)

Let us know how you go?

i will do lily, thank you. hopefully they will get in touch soon with appointment anyway, but better safe than sorry, and will feel like i'm doing something. thanks for all your advice and support x

Doing something to help yourself is always good I agree.I think youre doing great here despite your struggle with this.

have decided not to bother asking my GP to chase it up for me. they will be in touch at some stage. i'm just being weak. even when i see them, there's nothing that they can do that i can't do myself. i know how to handle things, its just a matter of actually doing it.

CPN only just went on holidays on friday. i should give them time to get in touch. there could be a letter at home now for all i know. i'm just panicking over nothing. i don't need anyone else. i can do this.

I dont think you are being weak, i still think it would be fine but its good you seem to be feeling better about it today. if you can wait thats obviously a good sign :)

I hope work went ok today xxx

i thought i could way but that's cos i was hoping an appointment letter might have arrived today but nothing.

cpn only went on holidays on friday, but i need to know there's someone there.

well i arranged a telephone appt with my lovely GP this morning and she rang this afternoon. she said she would chase up with the centre who my cpn has referred me to while she is on hols.

i was on another call when she rang back, but she left a voicemail to say i've an appointment next tuesday morning, but gave me their number and said to call them if i wanted an appointment sooner and that they should be able to get me an appointment on thursday.

next tuesday just seems so long away. and i know there's not even anything they can do, especially when they are a stranger and don't know me, but really want to have somebody to check in with, so i left them a voicemail saying that i would like an appointment on thursday. fingers crossed i get it. next tuesday seems so long away, with nobody until then, except a 5 minute appointment i have with my GP on thursday, which will mainly be just about arranging meds.

wowsers hun... thats alot of busy for you

have u got summat planned for when they are all over - may do well to have a film or summat set to go... or pop on here if you feel the need, cos that sounds like it could be a heavy old day of stuff...

xxx

i didn't plan it that way lol :)

i started off with gp late tomorrow afternoon and had to be by tomorrow before i ran out of meds.

i wanted to meet with the bank about my gambling problem and resulting financial difficulties and that'll be a tough one. they gave me tomorrow morning.

cpn holidays cover support person then also gave me tomorrow morning.

and i was due to have a telephone chat with my occupational health adviser about wanting to work more hours, but she told me why not pop in to her instead so going in to her also.

then friday morning i'm meeting an advocate who is helping me tackle a particular company who i believe was negligent and i need help tackling them(gambling problem related). scared of this meeting too).

• 2 weeks later...

hey all. bet you're all sick of hearing me talk about cpn's holidays, but she's back tomorrow and wanted to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who helped me through it every time i needed support... i couldn't have done so well without you all. thank you xxxx

Not sick of it at all. i'm glad we were able to help but you did most of the work :) so you deserve most if not all the credit.

thanks hun but honestly since i had no real mental health support, i probably would've been almost literally alone except for you guys, and it would've been proper truly tough then xx

Losing your psychiatrist was such bad timing. but i'm glad we were able to help even if it was just a little bit. it shows what a difference the site can make, I dont want to think about what might have happened if you hadnt had the site :hug2:

Archived