Mental Health Forums

Say A Prayer For London.

CaTsEyEs

What is happening in London is terrible. If anyone here is living in the areas where there is trouble my heart goes out to you, other than that I just pray it stops. I grew up in London and people are losing their homes, everything, just left in the clothes they stand in. What do you do if you have kids? It is a sad time.

It is so awful,I remember when I was young maybe about 10 years old that there was riots outside my house I was terrified :( I feel so sorry for them all.x

Yes I agree I don't know what they are gonna do. They are dealing with gangs that have nothing to lose.

If it gets any worse and they can't control it......Marshall Law.

I live in Islington..Highbury to be exact , nice here, but we are right in the centre of the surrounding riot zones, tottenham aint far, and it wasn't on the news , but the shopping centre in Dalston, which is about 15 mins walk from me got smashed up, and gangs from some near by estates got together but I think the police contained them, lets see what the darkness brings my town tonight.

Keep yourself safe Marc x

Hearing on Twitter that there's a stand off between Police and Youths in Birmingham.

oh....and I must add......what a bunch of fucking morons.......this is self harm on a huge scale.....smashing up your own areas, dicks, now your parents , or whoever puts food in your belly's will have to go to some posher part of London, and spend money they aint got , because you twats burnt down the local supermarket.

Its so sad i know a girl online who lives in london near where the riots were she says she couldnt sleep last night because she is scared :( stupid horrible people destroying peoples lives.

Marc please be safe. (((hugs))) I think it will end up a curfew, but they started at about 5.30pm today! It is hell on earth.

Just like back in 1992 , when the cops fucked up, and too many people used the beating of Rodney King to get themselves a new TV, the same is now happening here. Mark Duggans killing by the police needs investigating properly, but FOR FUCKS SAKE stop....and stop now, this is your own place your burning down, the cops how killed him aint gonna suffer because you're burning and looting your way through your own fucking neighbourhoods.

sirens are still flying passed my flat, got a proper adrenalin rush going on here.

The news keeps assuring us that that idiot Cameron is coming back for tomorrow, is it just me or does that seem relevant. I don't think these thugs are going to care what the PM says.

The news keeps assuring us that that idiot Cameron is coming back for tomorrow, is it just me or does that seem relevant. I don't think these thugs are going to care what the PM says.

Exactly,Why on earth would they listen to him?

Just like back in 1992 , when the cops fucked up, and too many people used the beating of Rodney King to get themselves a new TV, the same is now happening here. Mark Duggans killing by the police needs investigating properly, but FOR FUCKS SAKE stop....and stop now, this is your own place your burning down, the cops how killed him aint gonna suffer because you're burning and looting your way through your own fucking neighbourhoods.

sirens are still flying passed my flat, got a proper adrenalin rush going on here.

I don't think this about Mark Duggen I think this is about aload of people with horrible lives drugs etc no money no future no hope, nothing to lose realising they can loot. The news said some kids were trying on trainers before they looted them!

They just had the deputy london mayor on saying that things would have to get much worse for Martial Law, and that would be a decision of upper government. They dont even have water cannon here for the riot police. Using soldiers against civilians is a line few people would want to see crossed, I really hope it doesnt happen because it sets a dangerous precedent. Of course they may not have any choice though ... hope it doesnt come to that.

Guy on telly was asking that people get in off the streets, and if they are outside to stop watching whats happening, because thats stopping police knowing who to target. So if you know any folks out in it, tell them to go inside and take their friends and family with them.

Archived