Mental Health Forums

Say A Prayer For London.

CaTsEyEs

prying for my family marc n marley please stay stafe im terrified for u 2 wish i could hide with u n be able to feel like im able to protect my family xxxx i love you both im scared xxx

It has to be a curfew situation - it's spreading. I think this is a result of kids being brought up with no boundaries and no respect for anyone or anything.

I used to live in London, I have family in London but not anywhere near where this is happening at the moment. My brother works in London - I can't watch it anymore. Going to bed :(

Thanks Emma and catsmother.I'm staying in, felt very panicky earlier and still do.Im ment to be going through and area where theres fire right now to get to the hosptial but don't think i will.

people hate the suicide bombers and all that but here they are, attacking our own...

nice one guys, really proud to be british right now <_<

Its been rough here tonight, I live in Walthamstow which has been targeted for a few nights now. Tonight I went to cinema with mate at O2 and getting home was frightful. We could see the smoke and flames coming up from buildings nearby. We tried to get home asap. I was getting the bus as the tube stations were closing early, and en route we saw a mass of youths bricking and stoning shops and houses, then they ran to our bus so the bus driver diverted us to another route - the youths did stone our bus windows but we all kept calm and thanked the bus driver. On my main road home I saw pockets of adults lining the road, each pocket had a man with a bright yellow overall, and they looked like they were coordinating with each other.

I was fearful tonight, haven't had that fear since the belfast troubles, trying to get home during bomb scares. But I am home thank god, and thank god for that bus driver. I will never go out in london after 7pm again until this situation is resolved.

Its disgusting

Its been rough here tonight, I live in Walthamstow which has been targeted for a few nights now. Tonight I went to cinema with mate at O2 and getting home was frightful. We could see the smoke and flames coming up from buildings nearby. We tried to get home asap. I was getting the bus as the tube stations were closing early, and en route we saw a mass of youths bricking and stoning shops and houses, then they ran to our bus so the bus driver diverted us to another route - the youths did stone our bus windows but we all kept calm and thanked the bus driver. On my main road home I saw pockets of adults lining the road, each pocket had a man with a bright yellow overall, and they looked like they were coordinating with each other.

I was fearful tonight, haven't had that fear since the belfast troubles, trying to get home during bomb scares. But I am home thank god, and thank god for that bus driver. I will never go out in london after 7pm again until this situation is resolved.

Its disgusting

Glad you're safe ((Gun)) xx

OMG,It has all kicked off here,I aint going out :(

Where do you live Honeyflower - I think you're doing the right thing by staying in. I hope you're safe.

I live in Leeds and there were a couple of incidents here - a car was burnt out and a police van attacked but no looting or damage to commercial property but it is on the other side of Leeds to where we live.

Cameron better pull his finger out today and do something serious because it just won't stop otherwise - I say bring in the army.

((((Honeyflower)))) xx

OMG,It has all kicked off here,I aint going out :(

Where do you live Honeyflower - I think you're doing the right thing by staying in. I hope you're safe.

I live in Leeds and there were a couple of incidents here - a car was burnt out and a police van attacked but no looting or damage to commercial property but it is on the other side of Leeds to where we live.

Cameron better pull his finger out today and do something serious because it just won't stop otherwise - I say bring in the army.

((((Honeyflower)))) xx

Liverpool,I was meant to be going to get kids uniforms for school but no way am I going now.This is getting so out of hand now.

Needs to stop,It is spreading,I bet many more cities will start with these riots :( Where are the parents of these kids?

Mind you whatever Cameron does today it is already far too late for all the people, communities and businesses that have been affected.

Mind you whatever Cameron does today it is already far too late for all the people, communities and businesses that have been affected.

Yeah,Nothing really he can do,As you said "bring in the army"

I think tonight will be different. I think tonight the police will be aggressive.

I pray you are all safe at this sad and frightening time.

It annoys me that the media are saying it is partly the police forces fault, it is no one's fault but the people that are causing the trouble.

I was annoyed that the media were able to shoot scenes of looting and disorder for up to 90 minutes in flashpoints and no police presence at all - I understand the police force are being stretched but I hoped that the PM would have announced the use of water cannons or/and plastic bullets. But nothing - except recall of parliament on thursday to "discuss" what to do.

In Belfast if rioters got on the way they do in London, they would get plastic bullets and water cannons. In London its too politically incorrect to do so. If water cannons and plastic bullets were good enough for Northern Ireland then its good enough for londoners

The PM did say all police leave has been cancelled and there will be 10,000 more officers on the streets tonight.

I agree about the water cannons.

but they are taking officers from other parts of the country and these deplete other forces so if riots break out in these depleted areas - wtf

rob peter to pay paul ffs...

Pretty much everything about this situation makes me despair for humanity. I could go off on a long winded rant but that would probably get political, sociological and frankly boring.

I will say that my heart goes out to those affected by this and also, stories like this help me keep things in perspective and remind me that the majority of people (i.e not a politician or a greedy brainless yob) are good willed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14456857

Archived