Mental Health Forums

Say A Prayer For London.

CaTsEyEs

But you can be traced on facebook but not Twitter?

where had you heard that hun?

i looked it up online and i couldn't find that. anything i found said you could, but i dunno x

I have the BBC news 24 on, and I thought they said they couldn't trace people on Twitter! It doesn't sound right though does it? I am like an old woman!

I have the BBC news 24 on, and I thought they said they couldn't trace people on Twitter! It doesn't sound right though does it? I am like an old woman!

i dunno. i think most systems can trace through your ip address. what i found online said that the police can issue a warrant for twitter to give the ip address so it can be traced. but its hard to know if that is accurate.

i'd just imagine that in this day and age most systems could allow tracing through ip address, but don't know for sure

there's a few reports online saying that police are tracking people through twitter see

http://www.itnewspost.com/mobiles/blackberry/riots-blame-twitter-blackberry-messenger/

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/uk/UK-to-track-down-Blackberry-Facebook-rioters/articleshow/9544927.cms

so i'm guessing that they can be tracked if police are looking at tracking them

although Blackberry Messenger appears to have been used much more widely.

PPl have been changing their twitter pics to the "Heart London" piccie to show support, so I have decided to change my avatar here too :)

You can find it here

Edited cos I added it to gallery :)

Awh thanks Humm, may add it to my FB to show support.

Is there some kind of helpline/support line that is/could be set up for anyone affected? E.g. those in dispair, those in business that have had their shops looted etc. Also, it would be great to set up some kind of aid, like we did with other countries (even though it was slightly different), again money to help those who have lost their homes etc.

Message to all the rioters ........... u wanna be big men and fight to the death , well get your sorry little arses on the next plane to Afghanistan and stand alongside real men , they're called soldiers and they are fighting a war unlike you bunch of pathetic wastes of space ....... COPY AND PASTE EVERYONE

is on facebook, spot on.

a quote found in the diary of my friend's grandma after her death. read out at her funeral today in her memory. seems appropriate to this rioting situation.

Your future lies before you

Like a sheet of driven snow

Be careful how you tread it

For every mark will show

if only the rioters could think like this :crying_anim02: this whole situation is so sad and upsetting. i'm too scared to watch the news as i know i'll just get more upset.

please, all of you, stay safe. and keep all those affected by this safe in your hearts as you sleep.

:bigarmhug[1]: love to all :) xx xx xx

Archived