Mental Health Forums

What Was The Inspiration For Your Avatar?

Data

I don't know how to get an avatar. How I thought you did it, doesn't work and I'm not good with computers. I once had a pic of me and Paul that another member kindly sorted for me. I would like a picture, but again, I don't know how.

hey hun.

go into your profile at the top right, then into 'my settings', and then into 'change photo'.

Does that help?

Let me know if not, and I'll do screenshots xx

Yea it does, sorry, i probably wasn't very clear. When I google a pic, and try and put it on tt here, I can't do that bit, I can't resize it and don't know how to add it here. xx

Yea it does, sorry, i probably wasn't very clear. When I google a pic, and try and put it on tt here, I can't do that bit, I can't resize it and don't know how to add it here. xx

ah no worries hun. i'll pm you with more help, in case I get told off for going off topic :)

My Avatar is a representation of a prisim of light falling apart.

A prism is clear. It is only when light passes through it that there is any colour.

I am empty, just warped reflections of the things around me.

But I am falling apart. (I had 3 versions at one point in varying degrees of collapse.)

Carol

Mine is a photo of a fairy that's lazed etched into a crystal that I have in my lounge.

When the sun shines on it it sends beautiful prisms of light around the room, like hundreds of minature rainbows. The prisms are like a gift from nature that mean a lot to me.

If you look closely you'll see there is also a water lily in the crystal, water lilies are special to me as well as they remind me of the struggle to reach the light and air.

Sorry if a bit deep.

Crystal

mine is one of my favourite shoes

when i joined I wanted to have a picture of me but not something that showed too much of me if that makes sense. so i had one of my pink wedges first then i changed it to one of my jimmy choos which are probably my favourite shoes. I did kind of decide to change it regularly to other shoes but i've had this pic for ages now

I used to have a Lady Gaga gif but I got bored of her moving about so much.

Mine is poster of a "little sister" from the game Bioshock 2. She's going into a "hidey hole" which I feel like doing a lot.

Also I like the colours.

Mine represents the things that happens most in my life - people walking away. Especially the ones I truly felt love for.

Sorry to be depressing.

Mine is about the need to face and accept myself more fully, but the girl is headless, so she will never be able to see herself (emulates my own shaky ability to see a reflection of me). You can't read the words on the pic, but it says, "Drawn like Candy". This reminds me of my own desire to be in control, my desire to be loved, my interest in understanding my illness more fully; like a child is that is drawn to candy.

Mine is a photo of a fairy that's lazed etched into a crystal that I have in my lounge.

When the sun shines on it it sends beautiful prisms of light around the room, like hundreds of minature rainbows. The prisms are like a gift from nature that mean a lot to me.

If you look closely you'll see there is also a water lily in the crystal, water lilies are special to me as well as they remind me of the struggle to reach the light and air.

Sorry if a bit deep.

Crystal

This is really nice.xxx

• 2 weeks later...

My new avatar is a picture of a Manga girl from Sailor Moon series.

I have just re-discovered my love of drawing Manga/Anime characters, but my drawings are not good enough to show anyone...yet. lol. xx

A friend said to me very many years ago, that to tie me down to just one way of being would be like clipping my wings. Photo found on a an Avatar site free for non commercial use.

Archived