Mental Health Forums

More Physical Stuff To Get Me Down :(

catsmother21

Woohoooo I didn't take the pizotifen last night and I slept like a baby again - back to normal thank goodness and those damned things are going straight back to the chemist! :)

well done on the sleep :) Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy it really does make a difference!

just wondered a few things... do you have a migraine diary - maybe to identify triggers that could be avoided at all and also have you thought about natural remedies for migraines... obviously WITH your GP's input cos these thing can still interact with scripted drugs and stuff...

just thinking aloud again - take or leave as applicable...

more love and hugs to you - cos you deserve em!

:hug2: xxx

At the moment Kath, it seems to be my period causing them, though before the last 3 months they could come at anytime :wacko: . It is usually stress, tiredness or not eating properly that causes them then and I've got this thing with my neck that if I get in the wrong position, it causes an immediate migraine but that doesn't happen very often because I'm aware of it now. I've still got my rizatriptan which I know will get rid of it.

I'd not thought of using herbal remedies for migraine *rushes off to google* - thanks for that idea :)

I hope you had a good day yesterday - did you go for a walk?

And, all of these are for you --------> :bigarmhug[1]: :bigarmhug[1]: :bigarmhug[1]: :bigarmhug[1]: xxxx

i walked as far as the local shop to buy nibbles! kinda had a bit of a duvet day - not cos of any mood, just cos i cba doing anything really! caught up on some TV i had recorded and read a bit...

thanks for the huggles... :)

xxx

brief cos at work and they want me to do something - boooo

I've been in google land and have found something called Feverfew which is a natural herbal remedy for migraine prevention but it has got some nasty side effects and withdrawal effects, so it must be very potent :(. Here we go again they give with one hand and take away with another!!

But, I've also read something about ginger and if you eat a quarter inch slice of fresh ginger daily it can help with prevention - I do like ginger but not sure that I could eat it like this every day but am willing to give it a go for a bit and see what happens.

:)

Archived