Mental Health Forums

Did Anyone Watch The Ruby Wax Programme?

fedup!

i watched it, thought it was good, i like her cos she can make jokes about mh without them being distasteful or offensive. maybe because she has been through it herself

the priory was lovely! a lot bloody better then the NHS wards ive been on <_< haha

Hi, I saw this - it was really good. Love the fact they're tackling the stigma!

I've just opened a thread about channel 4's '4 goes mad' season in the general forum - didn't realise there was already posts hope you don't think im copying haha! xxxx

not watched it yet but will catch up on 4 od. think ruby wax is fantastic and i'd highly recommend her book to anyone looking for something to read

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=ruby%20wax%20amazon&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CFQQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.co.uk%2FHow-Do-You-Want-Me%2Fdp%2F0091887895&ei=ZBwPUP7mB7CM4gSD9IDoDA&usg=AFQjCNGzUDyUKBhslDZpFZOhdHg84RsM8w

its inspirational, thought provoking and really funny.

I wonder if they would let me pay for a TV license here, lol? So, I can catch all the shows you guys are always getting to see.

I watched it and thought it was good. My only criticism is that a few of the people owned their own business. If the boss comes out and says something, people are not going to react in the same way as if it is a co-worker.

Yes I saw jon richardson too!

Overall, i think C4 have produced some of the most realistic doumentaries i've ever seen re: MH this week xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

BTW there is a similar thread active at:

I have just watched the compulsive hoarder program. I found it very difficult because - although Andy Honey meant well - he was actually pushing Richard into doing things that he felt uncomfortable about. What he was doing was trying to be a rescuer. I know the result looks good but all he has done is made Andy dependent on him, they have gone nowhere near tacking the causes of the hoarding. If Andy went away, he would just start again worse than ever.

I must admit I do sound a bit negative here, I guess the other issue is that maybe Richard does need someone to look after him. It was easy to see that he was at high risk of death from fire or being crushed by his stuff. What does everyone else think?

Hi Data, I agree. I don't know if Honey's motives are purely altruistic.

But the reality of the situation is that Richard was at risk in his home.

And surely it is a better situation for Richard to have someone clean out and live in the family home on the estate, and it was nice seeing Richard getting involved with Andy Honeys family. (or maybe a bit cheesy n cliched)

The situation as it was would not have facilitater a carer / companion come around for Richard in his home, at least he can walk around normally now.

Archived