Mental Health Forums

How You're Feeling In A Picture

Saxen

What a great idea! I haven't a clue how to get pictures let alone post them! My picture would be a lady with a giant washing machine on her head in spin cycle. :)

What a great idea! I haven't a clue how to get pictures let alone post them! My picture would be a lady with a giant washing machine on her head in spin cycle. :)

Find the picture

Right click on it

Select "Save picture as"

Choose a name for the picture then click on save or just press return

Your picture is now saved. Probably in "Downloads"

On this thread, select "More Reply Options"

It will say "Choose File"

Click on that then find the folder you saved your picture in

When you see your picture, double click on it

Then on the reply section, press "Attach This File" ***If it says Error This file was too big to upload, see below***

When a thumbnail of the image appears, select "Add To Post"

The image will then appear in your post.

From there, you can add whatever text as if were a normal post.

I tend to preview the post before I submit it / Add Reply but that's purely optional.

Error This file was too big to upload

>If the file is too big, open the folder where your picture is saved.

>Right click on it and make a copy

>Save the copy then right click, go to "Open With" then open with "paint"

>When paint opens, press "Ctrl" and "W"

>This will bring up Resize and Skew

>On the resize section, enter a percentage lower than 100% in both the horizontal and the vertical boxes. The amount you choose is mostly trial and error but roughly speaking, if the original file size is something like 1014kb, you'll have to reduce the size by a fair amount. But if the file size is 170kb then 90% in each box will be more than ample. Your aim is to get the size down to 150kb as that's the file limit here but even if the size is dramatically reduced, so long as you're happy with the legibility of the image then it's cool.

>You can keep track of the altered file size my hovering your mouse over the copied image in the folder after you've saved the amendments

>Once the size will fit within the 150kb limit, repeat the initial process

I'm sure there are other, less convoluted ways to upload a picture but this is the method I use. I think it would be a good idea for Josh or someone to sticky a guide to uploading pictures somewhere. Just because.

Ah, then you'll need a real expert because that would be way beyond me :D

Do you have a link or would you be able to tell me where I can find the picture you're after uploading? I'm not doing anything for the next half hour so I'll be happy to try and upload it for you.

Sat on a coach and no haven't even worked that out yet! Love you descriptive name btw. Corpsewithapulse would suit me on many occassionx corpsewithapulseandpeabrain haha

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Straight to the point cunt...

No sugar coating with me...

Oh Lord, Dice...........you have a convert for Life!! :) :)

Sadly, of course, such views are not considered "de rigeur" in this day and age?!! :) :)

Archived