Mental Health Forums

Restless Legs

Kitsune

Right now I'm having this weird thing going on with my legs. They feel really odd, like they're wired, like there's a tension running through them, like there's energy buzzing through them. It's so irritating and annoying and I get it very often. When I feel it it makes me want to scream and rage and flail all over the room just to try and get the feeling out and I can't tell if it's just a psychological thing and just stored anger or something? Like body memory? A physical symptom of my mental inner state? Sometimes, when I was really frustrated it happened/ happens in my arms and sometimes my whole body, making me feel like i just need to run or jump into lakes or something ANYTHING to make the damn feeling stop.

But even when I went to the gym, when i tried to tire myself out I could be worn out and aching... and still the tension and the buzing in my nerves, my sinews, my muscles.

I don't know when this started... I know sometimes I get a huge rush of 'madness' and some kind of feeling. When I was little I'd feel the same where I'd just want to hug someone til I squooshed them or I'd bite my tongue really hard and other weird stuff. Which suggests it has an emotional regulation basis.

But on my Mirtazapine tablets it lists restless legs as a side effect. But I've had what I think is restless legs before and it felt different somehow... what I'm feeling now is more constant and harrowing.

I have always had the need to move my feet, even in bed, always my legs need to move, i can't keep them still because the feeling just grows and is so INFURIATING.

Maybe it's just a build up of years and years of repressed anxiety?

I also drink a lot of coca cola and don't eat right... maybe this could contribute? But i'd have thought I would have got a tolerance to the amount of caffeine in cola after being an addict for as long as i can remember.

There's no wonder I find it difficult to connect and stay in my body when it threatens to send me nuts like this!

I've read that it's linked to a possible nutritional deficency of some sort. Unfortunately my dopamax brain can't recall it.... Maybe certain minerals??? If you are drinking a lot of caffeine, then you are certainly affecting your body's ability to absorb minerals.

I believe I've had the feeling you've described before. It's the most irritating thing.

Ive had restless legs before, i dont know if its what your describing, but if it is, its so god damned annoying. Usually when im in bed trying to sleep. I dont know what you can do to stop it though. Sorreh!

lots of caffeine can certainly make that worse, or even cause it

we have had it, occasionally, throughout life, usually worse at night

but also medication can cause it

we had it real bad when we took an OD in jan, and the nurse with us got real frustrated cos we were v sleepy and unstable on feet but we kept having to get up and walk and move cos legs and feet felt so 'stressy' and like if we didnt use them they would explode !!

talk to you dr about it, and maybe sometimes try caffeine free coke, just sometimes !!

(((Kitsune))) I can get RLS very badly..........my dad and my sisters get it badly too................It could be a side effect of your meds and maybe a talk with your Doc about this might not be a bad idea, because it is very disruptive,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,. Mine generally has been a lot better since I cut out alcohol.............however other external aggravators aside from booze are :caffeine......in all its forms, and smoking.x Sounds like you drink a lot of coke............maybe you could try some decaff coke..........or something else fizzy that doesn't have caffeine................maybe try cutting down and see if things improve...........and of course look at meds too, but one thing at a time to decipher what helps and what doesn't.xxxxxxx Its a bugger.xx

Yea caffeine and meds rarely work well together. I had to cut it out altogether. I do a bit of decaf here and there but an feel the slight bit of caffeine in that too.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived