Mental Health Forums

Update forum issues !

Lily-Bee

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

currently cannot post using any browser other than Google Chrome,

often get failed to connect or server not found errors and have to reload.

have had difficulty most days in even logging in.

have been times when I have wanted to post but been unable to.

blogs would be good to have back

we wait

also we cannot post 'privately' in our own photos, in a new album - it does not give us the option of UNclicking the public view button

Hello,

I have applied the very latest update with many bug fixes (or so they say)

Can you please let me know whats still a concern for my to further investigate.

I have re enabled blogs for the moment to see if the issues are now resolved. I am around to disable them should it become apparent they continue to suffer with issues.

When not signed in you can see all blog entries as before, so its just as bad as before. Please delete all my blogs asap as I can't and this breach of my privacy is making me ILL.  Go to more activity stream blogs. You will see all blogs there. If you log out.you will be able to.see what I mean.

Ive disabled everyones access to the activity stream. Does that fix the privacy issue with blogs?

As when i go to the module for blogs they all show as private

Pages still take forever to load.  Most particularly the initial member log-in and then when clicking the 'home' icon (top left) from posts etc.  As mentioned by me and others before this is not a browser or connection issue - the rest of the web loads just as quickly as ever.

Maybe this is just something we have to live with now I don't know but as several of us have noticed it I wanted to raise it again.

I am wondering how long this forum will survive.  It seems to be dying a death :(.  I really like this place and I've invested a lot of my life in it.  It helps me when I am struggling.  It helps me to help others when I am not.

Everything dies a death but this community can last as long as each of you want it to. Issues occur, shit happens, some will leave some will ride the issues out and stay. 

One constant regardless will be me....

Josh you are having a laugh. Shit happens!  people depended on this place and were let down, take maddy for example she depended on here and with all the bugs and the fact she is blind meant she couldnt possibily have managed to get support here. I just don't get your arrogance. Take some responsibility for this and maybe people will have faith again.

Wanted to add I saw your message when the site was down the other day re people having patience here, I have have tried so hard to see the good in you but your contempt of people here was the last straw. You set this site up because you also had this diagnosis, have you forgot how sensistive people are.show some humility and stop thinking yu are omnipitont. You do have the power so use itmore wisely.

Definitely not having a laugh. 

I have worked tirelessly to get this forum back up and running after an update caused more issues than it solved. 

Some people have left, that was their right and their choice. It's also a fact. 

The message you refer to is from 2-3 years ago when the forum was down for maintenance and was an attempt at light humour. Hardly arragonace. 

Can someone please advise me...

I am assuming that no-one can read your blog so long as you keep your entries 'unpublished'.  If you however do 'publish' it there are two options; 'everyone can read this blog' and 'only people I choose can read this blog'.  What I want to know is, if I select 'everyone' can read it, does that mean everyone or everyone as in only paying members like before the update?  

• 2 weeks later...

Blogs use to have feature like:

• Draft
  • Publish
  • Unpublish
  • Delete

I don't know how to find these features anymore. For me the huge plus to blogging has been the ability to have some control over these features. I would like to keep blogging and I am so happy to see it back, but I can't seem to find the old management settings? Are they still around gone for good or just a tick box that can be added to enable feature?

I just noticed my very first blog post has no features to publish or unpublish and now I am afraid to make another one since I just assumed it would be the same as always....what happened?

looks like your only option is to decide who can see it, so to keep it private you have to only allow yourself to see blogs.

yes having these features was how I also felt safe, but then thee site update changed that and I wont blog here again. Josh had to put a hold on blogs before because old unpublished blogs were visible by anyone who came  to the site. this was very upsetting. I learnt not to trust a site like this even if you save it as private or unpublished bugs can change these settings without your control. so sorry Sarah be careful.

Well some of my old entries have options to publish or unpublished my concern isn't the public private thing as much as the other options I listed, but not being able to delete my past entries or an entry I started but didn't really care for is why I liked it. If you can't delete anything you write that doesn't seem relevant to your blog, then you might as well just be posting on the main. I like to look back and take stock of the year gone by copying it and then delete it and start fresh every year.

I hear what your saying Moon about not trusting anything and there is wisdom in that online. This is place is geared toward healing though and it has been for the 8 years I have been here. So, I feel safe to trust that Josh has a good heart, has suffered with my same demons and will do something about this situation if he possibly can.

some things

I would also like to know that a 'published' blog can only be seen by paying members

and obviously we need to delete entries sometimes - surely that can be an option?

also

I would like the option of saving pictures/gallery privately, or at least for friends only to see them

currently the 'everyone can see this' option WONT undo, and for new pictures, there is no choice but for them to be see by everyone/anyone

Walker bring up a good point about some of the old rules that belonged to a "friends only" Have left many of us not knowing what the newly converted setting would be? Since it appears I have no friends anymore how has this rolled over?

I feel reluctant to add content to the site which I am sure makes it seem like I don't want to participate, but I do, I just want to know how it works so I can choose my permanent actions accordingly.

• 3 weeks later...

Would be good to have some answers to these last two posts from the powers that be... Josh? Lily?

I think these are important issues and it would be good to feel listened to rather than ignored...

• Joshua unpinned this topic

Archived