Mental Health Forums

Green Fingers?

fedup!

oh my god these photos are brilliant. xxxxxxxxxxxx

I love it!!

Unfortunately, the place where i'm moving to (next couple of weeks, arghh!!!) only has a yard, BUT I'm gunna grow what i can in pots there, and just have to nip round to my nana's to keep an eye on the stuff i've got growing here - in my collection currently are, basil, thyme, lavender (i make my own room & linen spray out of this....well, okay, a friend does :P), potatoes, carrots... and i can't remember what else i've got... oh, some asparagus kicking about somewhere, and think got chives too.... i think that's all i'm growing at the moment..... will have to check. Need to start getting some lovely flowers! But, all in good time!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And finally another Petunia. I really enjoy planting and watching my flowers grow, I find it very therapeutic and it gives me a sense of achievement when they actually grow! I have made some mistakes with stuff but I guess that's how you learn. Would definitely recommend it as it gets you out in the fresh air as well :)

I love it!!

Unfortunately, the place where i'm moving to (next couple of weeks, arghh!!!) only has a yard, BUT I'm gunna grow what i can in pots there, and just have to nip round to my nana's to keep an eye on the stuff i've got growing here - in my collection currently are, basil, thyme, lavender (i make my own room & linen spray out of this....well, okay, a friend does :P), potatoes, carrots... and i can't remember what else i've got... oh, some asparagus kicking about somewhere, and think got chives too.... i think that's all i'm growing at the moment..... will have to check. Need to start getting some lovely flowers! But, all in good time!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks sweets - you can grow all sorts in pots and I'm sure you'll make it look lovely. You must be really looking forward to having your own place xx

I love it!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks sweets - you can grow all sorts in pots and I'm sure you'll make it look lovely. You must be really looking forward to having your own place xx

N'awrrr thankyouuu :) And yuss, am really excited. Just got even better too as i've just had another mooch past the house and realised that they've added to the display sign in the window to say pets are allowed.... that means soon as i'm settled in and got a budget sorted and all that, i can get a kitty! :D xxx

I love it!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

N'awrrr thankyouuu :) And yuss, am really excited. Just got even better too as i've just had another mooch past the house and realised that they've added to the display sign in the window to say pets are allowed.... that means soon as i'm settled in and got a budget sorted and all that, i can get a kitty! :D xxx

oh YAY a new little kitty!!!!!!! :wub::D :D :D xx

One of the Buddleia flowers - the others haven't come out fully yet.

OMG I've just looked at this again and realised it looks very rude :blush::o ooops!!!!! :P

Hi all xxxx

Anyone on here a happy gardener? Do you love pottering in your garden? It's something I've never ever done. ANy hints or tips about growing a few pretty shrubby pots and tubs would be much appreciated xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya, i have a few gardening type things on the go, strawberrys, chives, rocket, lambs lettuce (altho the slugs had their way with them mostly lil blighters!) and ive recently picked up a variety of petunias including black velvet petunias. All i can really say is they need to be loved and never leave them in the pots u get them in always put them in bigger ones with some fresh multi purpose compost and give them a good water straight away so the roots take. if u buy plants and they are rootbound dont be afraid to break up the roots a bit before u re-pot cuz they like it. it gives them room to stretch.

if ur growing from seed just some herbs etc, best way is on the indowsill in good light but make sure u turn off the light to that room at night as like us , plants need to sleep. to sew seeds u literally just follow the instructions on the packet. and obv if ur doing it indoors its irrelevant of the time of yr. i find basil is lovely indoors and chives, and a good easy starter plant. basil should be watered very little when its wilting directly to the soil not touching the leaves and when ur want to pick ur basil to encourage growth pick from the sides

chives are easy, pretty much the same as basil only u pick the little buds on top of the chives so they grow xxx

hope u have fun!

garden centres are so peaceful, brill for me cuz i hate busy places x

I have fuchsia (is that right?) trailing petunia in hanging basket and I grow red roses. I have other plants but no names.

I have fuchsia (is that right?) trailing petunia in hanging basket and I grow red roses. I have other plants but no names.

nice i saw red rose pnats, like mini roses. i think that might be my next indulgence. im not exactly bereft with space tho and also my cat ate the last rose plant i had. im hoping now shes more used to the outside she wont be tempted seeing as my petunias are still in tact ?!

hehe you're like me - I don't know what half of mine are called but it's just nice to see all the colour isn't it? xx

nice i saw red rose pnats, like mini roses. i think that might be my next indulgence. im not exactly bereft with space tho and also my cat ate the last rose plant i had. im hoping now shes more used to the outside she wont be tempted seeing as my petunias are still in tact ?!

oooo gosh I never thought about my cat munching on my flowers :blink: - she just seems to munch next door's grass and leaves my flowers alone - thankfully!! :D

Cats and roses! :blink: They are funny mine just eat the grass, dig up the grass, pee on the grass, ruin the grass you get the idea!

OK! Where would I buy said propogator?

if u live in uk aldi always have propogating sets, they are like paint pots u use for kids so lots of tubs all stuck together, u can sow ur seeds in a propogating set and raise them indoors till they grow a little (say 3 inches) and then u can pop them out of the tubs and repot them in that horrible shrub area, but i would suggest digging up the weeds first cuz they will just eat ur lavender

PS Whats a propogator....................! Am v dim at this, sorry! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

p.s. u dont have to buy a set.

i just put my seeds in soil and put under a desk light 24/7 for 7-10 days they should root by then and pop em outside, a propogating set is like lots of tiny pots which have a clear cover on them and sit in 1 cm of water. to encourage the roots to grow as they reach for the water.

u can use half a fizzy bottle as a clear cover if u like.

• 1 month later...

I have bought some of these online this morning to plant for early and late spring - Blueberry Tulips, Narcissus Rose of May and Snowdrops :)

http://www.mentalhealth-world.org.uk/forums/uploads/monthly_08_2011/post-24442-0-24405000-1314790951.jpghttp://www.mentalhealth-world.org.uk/forums/uploads/monthly_08_2011/post-24442-0-03762900-1314790970.jpghttp://www.mentalhealth-world.org.uk/forums/uploads/monthly_08_2011/post-24442-0-23299500-1314790986.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived