Mental Health Forums

12 Good Things That Have Happened To Me Over The Last Two Days

Data

1. Yesterday my manager was really nice to me and concerned when I divulged that work is affecting my mental health she was concerned and she gave me some technical knowledge that I think will really help me in the job in future. I used that knowledge to finish the week with a small success for a change.
  2. Last night I drank no alcohol which is unusual for me.
  3. This morning I had a brief lie-in with my wife and we had a lovely cuddle. She feels lovely and smells of fresh laundry which makes me feel very comforted.
  4. This morning I lead a group of 13 people in my group on a 7 mile walk. We started off in a country park, went to a monument with lovely views, then visited a wonderful 800-900 year old ruined abbey (Lilleshall Abbey).
  5. We passed the Telford Equestrian Centre on the walk and there were some strange noises which were initially thought to be a peacock. However it turned out it was a large colorful parrot sitting in a tree outside. It clearly said "Hello" and "Goodbye" to us repeatedly! Very bizarre.
  6. We went to Telford Town Centre to take a look at the new Southwater Development, which is a £250 million+ project to transform the centre of our town from a mall into a proper centre. I was impressed yellow%20(55).gif.
  7. I bumped into a member of my philosophy in pubs group who was busking in the town centre and I gave him a few coins.
  8. I bought my dad a cloth bag and baseball cap with the emblem of REME (Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers) on it. The REME society had a stall at the town centre. Dad was a territorial army Captain in REME, having joined as an ordinary soldier. He commanded a workshop on weekends the fixed tanks. Its for his 74th birthday on October 10th. The man also gave me some information leaflets for dad about the REME society.
  9. I bumped into a member of my Telford Walkers group (John) who I have not seen for some time, he has severe asthma so hasn't been able to go on a walk sad.png. I enjoyed talking to him as he is a very intelligent man and we have interests in common (e.g. photography). He is hoping to go back to the group when he is able.
  10. Last night I had a dream which was a bit of a nightmare ... however it was also funny!. We went on a 12 day family holiday - 3 days in Dublin, 7 days on the south Irish coast, and then 2 days in Broseley. Broseley is an ok but boring town about 10 miles from me. The kids hated the last two days of my holiday which was why it was a nightmare. John laughed his head off when I told him though - he doesn't live far from Broseley.
  11. I bought a hardback colour encyclopaedia of photography for £5.99 from The Works - normal price £16.99 ... and it was only published 2012 so its not old. Its really interesting and a good way into me understanding photography which is a keen interest of mine.
  12. My heavy drinking mate Kevin rang up. He is a bit of an idiot, even by my standards, and he revealed yet another heavy drinking story to me in which he narrowly avoided arrest or serious injury. However, we are looking forward to spending time with each other tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon. Although he is an idiot and a bit of a child, I am not perfect and he is my mate! I've not seen him for 6 months so I am looking forward to it.
  13. My wife is making a scrapbook of the photos from our recent Ireland holiday. Its nice seeing the fusion of our two interests: my photography and her craft.

Thanks starry1 for liking my post. At least someone cares!

Its ok to vent about the bad things in your life but I think it also helps to remember the good times.

Yep, you're right there. Positives are also very important to recognise. I don't do it and my therapist was telling me of its importance just today.

Well done on your list. To find 13 things to smile about in one day is great!

P.s I was also struck how proactive you are with your walking group, philosophy group etc, good on you :)

• 2 weeks later...

That's amazing Data!

That's really good your work are being supportive. It must be nice to be in an environment like that and it sounds like she really values you.

Congratulations on not drinking alcohol, that's a real achievement.

Aww you and your wife <3

I agree with Artemis, it's amazing you are going on 7 mile walks, there's no way I could do that. Even if I did manage to walk that far it would probably take me 2 weeks to recover from it.

Haha I bet that parrot was so funny!

The Southwater Development sounds good. It's so nice they're doing something the residents will appreciate and not just wasting money on something no one really wants. There's too much of that!

That must have been good meeting all your old friends :) It is sad when you don't see someone for ages but it must be nice when you catch up. Even having idiot friends must be nice. My friend is the loveliest person ever but I think she's quite immature which is surprising as even her kids are older than me! And I'm not known for my maturity. But I don't ever want her to change. Maybe your dad will meet old friends too if he joined the REME society.

I love hearing about other people's dreams. The weirder and funnier the better!

Cheap books are always good :) I've found some good books in charity shops though they aren't always in good condition.

The scrapbook sounds good, it's a good way of not forgetting about things and it is nice that you and your wife are both contributing to it.

I like this thread...:D

For me it's:

- Knowing what I want out of life, in terms of career and other things

- Starting a new fitness regime

- Learning more about myself, as I feel I have a high degree of determination, and I use this to get ahead/want I want out of life

- Going out of my comfort zone, and learning about different religions I have encountered much before like Hinduism

- Making progress on my driving test

- Interacting online on Facebook food groups

- Watching some films I hadn't seen in a while

- Getting time to watch films I hadn't seen yet but bought a while ago

- Planning a holiday to NYC or Toronto, funds permitting

- Learning how to read astrological natal charts, for a side business

- Realising that ultimately I'm an optimist, and with faith things can turn out well

- Learning rudimentary Spanish, such as the difference between "soy" and "estoy", how to make basic sentences, gender and number, etc.

So over the past 12 days, "estoy feliz". :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, a very positive thread this is. I like the idea but I'm not so good at listing things right now so I'll pass my turn. Maybe I can come back and reply when I'm more imaginative. :)

Archived