Mental Health Forums

Dazed And Confused

Butterfly

Hey y'all...

I just joined yesterday and I feel a bit better. But I must say that I am still a bit confused about how to proceed from this spot. I now realize I have been bpd for most of my life. I hate it that I am now in my 30s and just trying to get help. I have 2 daughters that I am concerned for....I am also concerned about ME....sometimes, I just want to die :(

Heya Butterfly, I don't have bpd so I can't really help you there, but I do know about the ''sometimes just wanting to die'' thig as this thought crosses my mind at least once a day. Don't give up though, you have two daughters who I'm sure love you dearly, and we all care for you aswell.

Alex

xxxx

Butterfly,

Mostly you just hang around and read old posts... respond when you feel like it... and post your problems or thoughts or questions as they come up.

do you see a therapist? are you on meds? really a therapist is needed as we are ust people going through similar situations to yours.... you need someone that knows more than we do! however we are good empathizers, suggesters, and supporters!

you said:

I just joined yesterday and I feel a bit better

gosh girl give us more than one day to cure you! :wub:

bets

Butterfly,

Participate in as many of the discussions as you are interested in and are able. I think it has REALLY helped me to feel I am contributing, and I know that the several points of view that I read to each posting all teach me something, even if I don't agree.

Verbena

Hey y'all...

I just joined yesterday and I feel a bit better.  But I must say that I am still a bit confused about how to proceed from this spot.  I now realize I have been bpd for most of my life.  I hate it that I am now in my 30s and just trying to get help.  I have 2 daughters that I am concerned for....I am also concerned about ME....sometimes, I just want to die :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think you should feel bad about being in your 30's and just trying to get help. I have been told by the group leader of the skills group I go to that BPD is rarely diagnosed before the age of 25, purely because the nature of the disorder is that the behaviours have to have been occurring long enough for them to be fully ingrained. He also gave me the impression that the older you are, the more successful treatment can be. Of course, this is all second hand information, but I think you should give yourself a pat on the back for coming this far in your life without having treatment. I often feel that I want to die. It just seems to offer the only escape/relief.

don't sweat it you'll be fine! i don't have a god to pray for but i'll and channel my energy to you =) just know im rootin for you to get better. and don't sweat it with your children. the best thing you can give them is compliments :P

Hi Butterfly I am a 33 year old just been diagnosed with Bpd and starting the way to recovery I also realised that I have been Bpd for as far as I can remember I have been seeing my therapist for 8 months and although it hasnt always been easy i am getting better at dealing with life. Hang in there I promise it will get better even at our age.

:D

Archived