Mental Health Forums

Books On Bpd

Lottie

Hi I wondered if anyone could recommend any books that would be useful to read about Bpd ones that they have found helpful on how to understand the condition.

I was interested also as I dont have the facility of DBT in my area that buying Marsha Linehams Skills training book may be of help.

I look forward to hearing from anyone with their recommendations or advice.

Thanks

:wub::rolleyes: :D

• 2 weeks later...

hi!!!!!!!!!!!! im new on here to so i know how you're feeling, and i can recommend a few books for you!!! :P ...one that can be kind of difficult to read...(its written in "doctor-talk)...is really, really good once you get through all the bs...its called "i hate you , please don't leave me."...there is also an easier one to absorb called "lost in the mirror."...hope i could help!!!! keep trying to put messeges on here...eventually someone will answer...at least i will if i see you!!! :D .....good luck!!

audrey.........

Hi Lottie, I don't have any recommendations personally but I know that there are some recommended books on the BPDWORLD homepage. If u click on the link it will take u to more info on the book in amazon. Hope u get more personal recommendations too though cos they are always the best!

Take care x :D

I've recently started a DBT skills course and we use Marsha's book 9ohh, first name terms...!) The CPN who leads the group told me that it is possible for people to get the benefit from just using the book. I've found it a lot of help but (no disrespect to anyone from there) it's so AMERICAN! As are most of the books, I'm afraid. But then, these wonderful people are the ones writing the goddam books so i should be thankful for that and for their time and effort. :D

Archived