Mental Health Forums

Can't Get Outta Bed

ladylazurus27

i don't know what's going on, i don't feel that bad mentally really. But i just can't seem to get out of bed or get out of my apartment much at all these days. I decided i would take a shower and go to the grocery store yesterday. So i'm driving to the store and i just drive right past it and ended up driving in a big circle and ended up right back home. No motovation i suppose and i don't know how to get out of it. i don't really feel super depressed or that i'm sulking in anything that's happened. I just feel like it's going to get worse unless i can do something about it before it does get bad, but i just can't seem to push myself to do anything...my bed just feels oh so comfortable.

Congratulate yourself that you got in the car and did what you did. I can go weeks without doing anything, in fact I have been working on this in individual therapy. It has been going on fer years. My one therapist and I used to talk about me going to the gym. She would tell me to go to the gym. Just go there, dont exercize and then leave. It was the act of getting to the gym that was important, and not to stress on anything else. I would tell her that if I made the effort to get there, i would work out.

I am not sure if you have reached this in DBT yet, but try staying in the moment. As it suggests it talks about doing whats best for you right now and what feels good, not going to the store was the right thing for you at that moment. Not being judgemental of your actions was also a good one for this occasion. I think you did the right thing for you at that moment. Maybe next time you do that, it will be different, maybe it wont, but it will be the right thing for you.

We can all always try harder, but we all do the best with what we have, and thats OK. Being too harsh on ourselves is a downfall that we all need to overcome. Big Bunny hugs to you.

Archived